Making a little Fury Warrior on Gul'dan for PvP against my brother

Ben Reed

Veteran X
Went with Undead Warrior because while Warstomp is nice, I like the idea of WotF better.

Coupled with a Corporal trinket and Berserker Rage, I'm looking forward to being nigh-unCCable in AB and WSG. Besides, I don't look that good with horns. I much prefer the rotting-flesh-in-chainmail look.

For my professions I'm going Mining/Engi -- Mining for money and Engi mats, and Engi so that I can run-and-gun lowbies with grenades.

Since he levels slowly, I probably won't need to get very high to catch up with him, and therefore probably won't get any deeper than 20-25 points into the tree.

So far I'm planning something like:
5/5 Cruelty
5/5 Unbridled Wrath
1/1 Piercing Howl
4/5 Imp Battle Shout (skipping Blood Craze altogether cause it won't matter much with my lowbie Spirit)
5/5 Enrage

If he makes it to 30-39 range, I was planning on adding:
1/1 Death Wish
2/2 Improved Intercept
2/3 Improved Cleave
5/5 Flurry

Is Dual Wield Fury viable as a lowbie BG'er or should I just go with a 2-hander? (I was actually planning on going 2-hander anyway, I don't trust DW burst damage capability.)

Bear in mind I plan to use this alt for pretty much nothing BUT Battlegrounds.

Comments/suggestions?

I just rolled a NE rogue there for my first PvP server. Lvl 20 and plan on getting to 60 as time permits. Hope to see you in BG :)

Shinigami said:
Fury is more viable than a 2h sub 40, but rogues, hunters, druids and shamans own lowbie WSG.

Yeah, but my question was, is DW or 2h more viable for Fury at lower levels? I assume you meant to say DW, but I wanna look into this a bit deeper because as a lifelong Arms junkie I've never been sold on DW.

On the one hand, Flurry (if I get that far) seems like it would suffice as a ghetto Slice and Dice for Warrior with DW. Coupled with Unbridled Wrath and Bloodrage, I should be practically swimming in rage after just a couple seconds of beating on somebody.

On the other hand, Enrage practically BEGS for a 2-hander. The nerf to 25% doesn't bother me much at high levels, but I really don't like the idea of going DW for a paltry 25% damage boost on low-damage, miss-prone one-hander swings -- especially in PvP, where I will die quickly once WotF/Zerker Rage/trinket are all on cooldown, and I want to make what few strikes I land on people (especially on those damn dodge-prone Rogues) memorable ones.

If I do decide to go Dual Wield, how do I play it? Just spam Heroic Strike and Overpower on Rogues with Cleave and Whirlwind for AoE? Should I just do dual swords/maces/axes or go for the full-on Rogue-in-plate approach with dual daggers?

I have a pretty clear idea of what I'm going to do anyway, I'm mostly just soliciting opinions here.

Last edited:
At0m|c said:
I have a 28 Troll Priest on Gul'Dan: Vav

Msg me if you guys need bags or help or anything.

Send a couple bags to Benreed on Gul'dan. I already have two 6-slotters but I will be wanting some more to increase farming productivity.

They don't have to be big ones, 8-slot will do just fine at present.

Is Barrens better for mining than Silverpine? I haven't been able to get much mining done in Tirisfal and Silverpine yet because I haven't played an Undead toon in a long time. I know the Barrens area much better.

i have a new 60 undead warrior on dunemaul, i have been fury the entire time lvling, pvping and now raiding MC.

pros: early fury lets you have deathwish, cruelty, flurry, enrage, imp intercept and imp berserker rage - wonderful utility talents for lvling and pvping

cons: dual wield without +hit items will give you miss streaks at times, and no tactical mastery yet means you have to save bloodrage and imp berserk rage AFTER you stance dance to intercept. (just play smarter)

your basic attack moves will indeed be HS, cleave, whirlwind. overpower.
i was always spamming HS.

at the beginning i used sword mainhand + dagger offhand (speed for rage)

later at high 30s you can get these 2 weapons via quest rewards from SM and RFD:
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=4632
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=4139

other good rewards for lowbies from quests (horde side):
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=2827
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=4122

theres a couple ways to go about weapon speed too. as much as i love 2 fast weapons for rage gen and rage dump, slower mainhand is nicer for bigger HS, whirlwinds and cleaves and OPs.

also once you get closer to 50, i used thrash blade + hanzo sword till 60 (still using them till i get better stuff)

edit: i still and always will carry a good 2hander for times its better like vs a mage and such. fury's burst will come from 2h whirlwind + bloodthirst and queue up HS as you run up to ppl.

my only problem with DW as a fury warrior is you give up your greatest desperation move or at least gimp it. Theres just something about a nice 2h and some retaliation that makes me hot

Ben Reed said:
Yeah, but my question was, is DW or 2h more viable for Fury at lower levels? I assume you meant to say DW, but I wanna look into this a bit deeper because as a lifelong Arms junkie I've never been sold on DW.

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant.

2Hs just aren't worth it if you can't control your burst with MS, IMO. And I'm saying this when I have a 60 arms spec warrior as my main.

If you can afford it, get a couple of fiery weapon enchants and your DPS will be WAY higher.

Orc warrior > undead

Blood fury is awesome
Resist to stun is awesome
+axe is awesome

Mortal Strike > Fury (for pvp)

Ben Reed said:
Yeah, but my question was, is DW or 2h more viable for Fury at lower levels?

sub-40, DW/Fury > 2h/MS
40-60, 2h/MS > DW/Fury
post-60 (i.e. raid level gear) DW/Fury > 2h/MS again

lowbie pvp i'd say go with MS unless you're absolutely certain you can deal without it.

Just so you know, UW only works off of normal attacks now.

If you decide to go down the arms tree to get Mortal Strike, stick with axes/polearms until they fix sword spec.

If you enjoy retaliation, you're going to be disappointed. 1.9 broke it. :'(

Shinigami said:
It seems half of you didn't read the initial post. He can't get MS because he's not getting above level 39.

Perhaps you didn't read the initial post. He never said he was going to quit at 39, he was just going to get to the same bracket as his friend. My advice was just in case his friend decides to go beyond the 30-39 bracket.

Have a nice day! :sunny:

Skei said:
Orc warrior > undead

Blood fury is awesome
Resist to stun is awesome
+axe is awesome

Mortal Strike > Fury (for pvp)

yeah MSing yourself is awesome

and having a better hit-rate against lvl 60+ mobs, incredible!

fuck being able to break everything except poly and root, and innate fear resist is worthless too

p.s. ben DW is >>>TERRIBLE<<<, 0 burst, shitty white dmg, etc.

Last edited:
Ender P. Wiggin said:
Perhaps you didn't read the initial post. He never said he was going to quit at 39, he was just going to get to the same bracket as his friend. My advice was just in case his friend decides to go beyond the 30-39 bracket.

Yes, I did.

Ben Reed said:
Since he levels slowly, I probably won't need to get very high to catch up with him, and therefore probably won't get any deeper than 20-25 points into the tree.

Shinigami said:
Yes, I did.

Really?

Ben Reed said:

http://www.dictionary.com said:
prob·a·bly adv.

Most likely; presumably.

Hmm... if probably means most likely, then it's not a very set in stone statement. Oh my!

Anywho, in response to the original topic: Fury is decent in the 20-29 bracket as you can easily obtain decent 1 handers from horde instances (WC for Wingblade [Quest] & SFK for Butcher's Cleaver [Drop]).

Back