Make fun of my new computer... 8]

T-Funk

Veteran XV
should have waited for (insert soon to be released component here) because it's set to be way better than the crap that you picked

nelson1.gif

why would you get an i5, and then get a SSD HDD? Drop the drive, get an i7.

its actually an i3 :p:
but actually i just bought this ssd before all the rest, originally not planning on getting all new components
and then realized this current pc just cant do anything well

in hindsight yes i shouldn't have splurged for the ssd and cleaned myself out, but i'm ok with the i3

I upgraded in July of 08' and back then I picked up 2x 4850s for crossfire. Ummmm did you have the 4850 lying around? or did you seriously buy one?

I can understand how it is attractive, with the 4850 being faster in most games vs the current generation equivalent from ATI, the ~$80 Radeon 5570, but that doesn't even mater because the Radeon 4850 loses vs the Geforce 250 which about the same price $110

Last edited:
I upgraded in July of 08' and I back then I picked up 2x 4850s for crossfire. Ummmm did you have the 4850 lying around? or did you seriously buy one?

Think that a DX11 card around the same price would be a better choice.

i seriously barely play games on my pc
and any 256 bit ddr5 cards with dx11 are twice as much as this thing

were your 4850s in '08 the ddr5 variety?

if you really are going to use the computer for playing movies, that list is massive over kill

nonono my OLD computer will be the htpc, thats where the big hds are going
the NEW computer is all that minus the 640gb hds (ill have the 60gb ssd and 250gb still)

Last edited:
Back