Maine

link2661

Veteran X
Going soon, just wondering if there's anything special I should see. We'll be spending alot of time on the coast, but I hear the White Mountains are pretty neat so we may trek out that way. Should be there around a week.

Thanks

Just drive Rt1 and I95. Take random exits. It is the best State in the Union. Go north and drive the logging roads. That is fun.

Visit all the forts... from Revolutionary war to WW2. There is so much to see. Definitely check out the original Fort Knox. Awesome fort. Then go to the top of the state to see Fort Kent.

MAINE - It has everything!

Portland - Old Port
Bar Harbor & Acadia Nat'l Park
Mt. Katahdin
North Conway, NH and then drive around the White Moutains

Eat lots of lobster, steamers, and black raspberry ice cream.

go to Baxter state park and hike mount katahdin. one of the best experiences of my life

687r60.jpg

the bath shipyards are cool to look at, and you have to go to freeport if you weren't planning on it. in gardiner there is an old traincar diner called the "A1 Diner" that you shouldn't pass up.

maine is the "deep south" of new england, keep that in mind
it's where jim beam and plenty more just like him come from.

things to do whilst visiting Maine:

1. eat lobster
2. eat blueberries
3. tour locations mentioned in Stephen King books
4. have steamy gay sex with Falhawk

I live and work in the Old Port and know nothing of this "deep south" aspect of Maine.

If you are going to be in the old port at all hit me up and we'll grab drinks and food at a place that is awesome (there are a lot of awesome places here).

Back