Madden 09

Fuck I've been playing since midnight last night.

Graphics 10/10
Gameplay 10/10

I didn't search so fuck off if there is another thread.

I haven't played online yet, but the default AI seems to be rather shitty. New camera is cool but is taking some getting used to. Scoreboard style graphics on the 360 are kinda meh for me at the moment. Fun game nonetheless.

458 here, fucked up on run offense/defense

518 after redoing some training.

Last edited:
well i get off at 6, and have to drive 45 mintues to return my ps3 for one that works (i have a thread on this that dide), and then 45 minutes home. so i'll be playing around 8pm tonight - provided its not sold out.

I played the demo and the run/pass defense was messed. They gave you like the slowest player in the game to defend with.

I played 2 weeks ago for about 5 minutes, then put it away and haven't touched it since. Same shit, different year.

meh

The madden IQ shit is useless...but these guys are finally focusing on the 2 areas that actually matter in a football game: gameplay and presentation.

I'm so relieved they are finally getting their animations up to par with ESPN 2k5--the branching is so much better this year...most of the annoying gameplay quirks from last year are gone (linebackers jumping 7 feet in the air while not even facing you and intercepting the ball, cornerbacks who know the routes better than recievers, etc).

And while I'm not a huge fan of collingsworth he did a hell of a job with the color on this game...the presentation is just much better with actual announcers, even though the play by play sucks. Graphics / weather effects / stadium all look much better.

But like I said...this game almost caters more to the ESPN 2k5 crowd who they kind of alienated when they first got the exclusive rights...it doesn't seem like they are whoring out a new gimmick mode or gameplay feature (like the stupid eye of sauron from 2 years ago or superstar mode). Which is why some early reviews are actually pretty poor....most people are complaining that there's not much new other than refined gameplay and presentation. I think they're missing the fact that gameplay is exactly what every madden game until now has failed to perfect.

Basically, if you like to play sim when you play madden, and if you liked 2k5, you will like this madden more than any other...but if you're a glitcher who likes to drop back 45 yards and exploit as much as possible, that stuff is actually harder to do in this one.

Best Madden game yet, not sure if it's as good as 2K5 yet but I'm thinking it just may be.

lol at all the people playing madden 07...err 08, oh shit i mean 09 lol
I'm sorry you don't have the $65 to spend once a year to buy a video game that is moderately enjoyable to play alone, but exponentially more fun to play with friends. Do you have any of those?

The demo felt like the same old clunky Madden we're seen for the past few years. You don't really control the player, you kind of just guide them through these animations. The controls always seem off. I'm skipping this year as I never end up playing these games.

Too many good games coming out in the next few months.

I think Ed Hochuli does the voice for the ref and is the model for it. Pretty cool.

t1_workout.jpg

Back