Macbook Pro Speaker Question

x0rcist

Veteran XV
Today when I came home from work I turned on my volume, heard a pop and no sound comes out.

Now whenever I go from mute to not muted (via the mute button) it makes that popping noise. Also, if I lower the volume to zero and hit the increase volume button once it makes the popping noise. I can duplicate this over and over by going back and forth. Are my speakers just blown or is there some fix for this?

BTW I'm talking about the internal speakers.

Last edited:
Today when I came home from work I turned on my volume, heard a pop and no sound comes out.

Now whenever I go from mute to not muted (via the mute button) it makes that popping noise. Also, if I lower the volume to zero and hit the increase volume button once it makes the popping noise. I can duplicate this over and over by going back and forth. Are my speakers just blown or is there some fix for this?

BTW I'm talking about the internal speakers.

I hope you're not talking about the blippy sound effect the computer makes to indicate key presses. Is any audio coming out other than the pop? Or is it just the noise it makes when you press a key to change state?

If no audio at all, get thee to AppleCare. Make an appt at an Apple Store near you for service. Backup first.

I am assuming that it has a port for external speakers or headphones...

See if it is the sound card not the speaker that blew, and report back here so we can laugh at your Mac some more...

Back