Low flying jumbo jet near Manhattan freaks out thousands

err, just meant as low as some people described... yes it is "low", obviously "out of place" due to altitude and the fact a fighter was behind it

f

Also, this is hilarious
NYT said:
Later on Monday morning, the Police Department acknowledged that it had been notified about the event but said it had been barred from alerting the public. “The flight of a VC-25 aircraft and F-16 fighters this morning was authorized by the F.A.A. for the vicinity of the Statue of Liberty with directives to local authorities not to disclose information about it but to direct any inquiries to the F.A.A. Air Traffic Security Coordinator,” the Police Department said in a statement.

Yeah ok. We're going to fly AF1 over Lower Manhattan guyz, but don't tell anybody!

Ok that's pretty bad. the first few articles just made it sound like local authorities didn't bother to tell people.

so the local auth's didn't bother telling anyone, annnnnd no one had any idea to begin with

awesome

communication ++ + +++ + + +++

In Jersey City, construction workers were evacuated from a condominium tower under construction at 77 Hudson Street.

The workers, who were on the 32nd floor of the construction site, said the plane circled three times past the Goldman Sachs tower, the tallest building in New Jersey. On the second pass, they said, the jet appeared to be only a few dozen feet from the building — close enough to clip the side of the skyscraper. A fighter followed right behind, mirroring its moves.

Air Force One Backup Rattles New York Nerves - City Room Blog - NYTimes.com

new york needs to get over itself
planes practically touch building tops just landing at the airport here in san diego

new york needs to get over itself
planes practically touch building tops just landing at the airport here in san diego
you can't possibly be that thick headed can you? They are flying in a DESIGNATED flight path.

We're talking about a 747 skimming the financial district being chased by f-16's. LGA and Newark traffic comes no where near that.

BUT GUYSSS!!!!

IT'S AIR FORCE ONE!!!

HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW?!!?!?!!?

DO YOU NOT HAVE THE BINOCULARVISIONS LIKE ME?!?!?

:rolleyes:

Give me a break.

If I'd have been in New York I would have been the first one out the fucking office.

Whoever thought that this 'photo op' was a good idea should be removed from command...why couldn't this simply be done with Photo Shop? Hollywood can create an entire armageddon on film but the US military can't photo shop a plane by the Statue of Liberty?"

Back