[LOST] They were fucking dead all along ...

Is it even worth trying to watch the show from Season One now (I haven't watched a single episode) knowing exactly how it ends and what's going on...

Is it even worth trying to watch the show from Season One now (I haven't watched a single episode) knowing exactly how it ends and what's going on...

Well it would have certainly been better not knowing, but there are still tons of aspects that will be cool regardless. The finale brings the characters together and allows them to move on but it's really the story itself that shines.

Fuck spoilers, I want 6 years of my fucking life back you cunts at ABC. My fucking wife called it THE VERY FUCKING FIRST EPISODE (we wrote it down) ... "Purgatory".

Fuck you producers of Lost who wouldn't fucking answer any of the questions.

What the fuck was the acoustic barrier?
If Jacob couldn't leave the island, how did he leave to bring them all to the island?
How the fuck did Penny die?
What the fuck was the Dharma Initiative exactly?

WHAT THE FUCK ...

FUCK ABC ... FUCK YOU IN THE GOAT ASS YOU CUNTS
You and your wife are retarded.

also this is why network tv sucks. because people like klint are alive and know how to type.

Fuck spoilers, I want 6 years of my fucking life back you cunts at ABC. My fucking wife called it THE VERY FUCKING FIRST EPISODE (we wrote it down) ... "Purgatory".

If Jacob couldn't leave the island, how did he leave to bring them all to the island?

WHAT THE FUCK ...

You're totally off-base. Did you even WAT?CH the finale?

The acoustic barrier was used to keep the smoke monster away. That's all.

No one said Jacob couldn't leave the island. Well, their fake mother said they couldn't, but she was not entirely truthful. The Man in Black was trapped on the island once Jacob killed him and he became the Black Smoke Monster.

Penny didn't die in the show. The flash sideways was essentially a form of "purgatory". As Jack's father said, the place didn't exist "in time". All of the people there died eventually. Some of them before Jack, some of them long after.

They were scientists who were trying to find the secret of the island via science. That's pretty much it.

Last edited:
Season 6 was basically ABC telling the creators "You have 18 episodes to wrap this shit up, you're cancelled" and the creators basically said "Well fuck you ABC, we are going to make sure everyone hates the ending and blames you cunts so they stop watching your network because you cancelled us".

You have that totally backwards. ABC wanted to keep the series going -- and why wouldn't they? It was a cash cow. But the creators wanted to end the series sooner than the network did. ABC wanted at least 3 more seasons, so the producers agreed as long as they were shorter seasons. 3 16-episode seasons, 48 episodes.

WHAT THE FUCK ...

somebody probably already told you, but you're wrong

Last edited:
the flash sidways was 'purgatory'. I think you could make the argument that they all died when the nuke went off as well....since that is when the flash sideways started. (i don't believe this is what happened....but if someone suggested it, I don't think they would be totally wrong - even though they showed life on the island after the event)

No - you can't.

Someone mentioning that the nuke didn't go off answered the question for me that the flash of light was the energy being released - not the nuke.

If the nuke went off - how did Sawyer go down and get Juliette and how was she still alive for a few moments?

The alternate world was the life that could have been, had desmond never neglected to push the button.

Not exactly. While Desmond ignoring the button is what caused their plane to crash in the first place, in the alternate world Desmond never came to be on the island. The alternate world is an afterlife they all went to upon death, and because their time on the island was 'the most important time of their lives' so the setting was where they all came together: flight 815. The characters lived their own lives out in the real timeline, but were returned to the time of flight 815 in the afterlife and here the island never existed. It took them meeting eachother to awaken the memories of their real lives, and the interaction between Hurley and Ben outside the church shows that they continued to protect the island after Jack's death for some time.

You know ... closure is simple.

Closure is explaining what the Dharma initiative was all about.
Closure is explaining why they couldn't leave the island.
Closure is explaining exactly what the various powers were that the island had.
Closure is NOT ENDING THE SHOW IN A FUCKING CHURCH WITH BLINDING WHITE LIGHT WHEN JACK CLOSES HIS EYES ON THE ISLAND.
There's a lot of unanswered questions in real life. Not everything has a scientific explanation, yet. The show doesn't have a responsibility to answer everything.

I saw this thread title before watching the finale and was pissed about the spoiler. Funny that it's not a spoiler at all and he just doesn't understand what happened. :lol:

Back