lord of the rings extended trilogy?

oOCyraXOo

Veteran X
ok so i know there is a theatrical version trilogy out which doesnt have the deleted scenes. does anyone know if/when a lotr trilogy with all the deleted scenes and special features and such is gonna come out?

considering it's the 50th anniversary of LOTR, i'm praying for a 50th anniversary directors edition (10 dvds) for my Xmas list. Already got the 50th anniversary hardcover on my list.

I'm waiting for RotK:Extended, then I'm done. The only way I'd purchase another would be if (as Internet rumor indicates) Jackson releases a version which is cut as one, looooooong movie.

[MoM] Gort said:
I'm waiting for RotK:Extended, then I'm done. The only way I'd purchase another would be if (as Internet rumor indicates) Jackson releases a version which is cut as one, looooooong movie.
Isn't it already kinda cut that way? :shrug:

Afterimage said:
Isn't it already kinda cut that way? :shrug:

I'd buy that on whatever the next gen DVD player standard will be (Blue ray or whatever) so that I wouldnt have to keep putting in DVDs to keep the movie going. Having one long cut movie with no title or credits between the chunks doesnt add enough value unless its on ONE disk and in high def.

Just my 2 cents. But I am waiting for the extended version of ROTK instead of buying the theatrical version.

Back