Looking for a cheap gun.

I have a Ruger 10-22, it's a great gun, especially since I have 30rd mags for it. For a good, cheap(ish) hand gun, check out the Springfield XD series. Comes in 9mm, .357sig, and 40S&W. Great gun for the price. Check www.gunsandammo.com for good deals.

I'm looking for a good rifle... I'm a little less price sensitive than that, but I don't to waste a dime, instead just get a good value...

i need to get off my ass and get down to my local FFL to ask about getting this gun :/

ive been "about to get it" for like a fucking year. fuck me and my procrastination

leftside2.jpg

.22's are great fun, I remember going through a 500 round box of ammo with my step brother over a weekend... and many more weekends

definitely get yourself a ruger 10/22, it's an excellent little plinker and very affordable. buy a couple of standard capacity (don't buy into the hi-capacity bs) magazines, and a few bricks of ammo and you'll be set for quite a while.

oh, and don't forget the cleaning kit :) chances are you'll like it so much you'll be putting thousands of rounds through it in short order.

if you're new to firearms do a quick google on Jeff Cooper's 4 rules, that should set you straight for gun safety.

have fun :)

Ruger 10/22 or a 410/22 shotgun.
Ammunition would be very cheap & Ruger 10/22's are very modifiable with foldable stocks, clips, and scopes. Very, very fun.
The more practical weapon for home defense would be the 410/22. Use buck-shot for the shotgun portion & 22 shells for the rifle. Very useful & not as intimidating as a large caliber rifle/shotgun.

my gun store down the road from work is selling an ak-47 (romian or some shit) for 475 dolla. which is overpriced. about 40 miles down the road south in the next town on the same road a chinese ak-47 was for sale for 175 dolla.

Honestly, a 10/22 is a LOT of fun.

If you really want to learn to shoot well, I would recomend not buying one.

They are so easy to rapid fire that they do not really reward good technique.

If you want to learn to shoot a .22 rifle well, get a bolt action, lever action, pump action or single shot. Personally, I think lever and pump guns are the coolest.

The point is to require a slight bit of effort for each shot - psychologically, this makes you "value" each pull of the trigger enough to want to do it right.

But thats just my opinion - a 10/22 is a great gun and you will have a lot of fun with it - but if I had one, I would probably go find some of the 30 round banana clips...

{CG}Pendragon said:
Honestly, a 10/22 is a LOT of fun.

If you really want to learn to shoot well, I would recomend not buying one.

They are so easy to rapid fire that they do not really reward good technique.

If you want to learn to shoot a .22 rifle well, get a bolt action, lever action, pump action or single shot. Personally, I think lever and pump guns are the coolest.

The point is to require a slight bit of effort for each shot - psychologically, this makes you "value" each pull of the trigger enough to want to do it right.

But thats just my opinion - a 10/22 is a great gun and you will have a lot of fun with it - but if I had one, I would probably go find some of the 30 round banana clips...

I 100% agree. However, put a nice scope on a 10/22 & shoot for accuracy.
They don't have the loud blast of a 44 magnum (gawd I hate shooting those) and the bullets don't travel too far. They are very versatile guns.
Definitely get one for a first gun, attend a hunter's safety course, and get help from your local shooting range. You'll learn so much about the gun & become much more comfortable with weapons in general. It'll also help you, when you have kids, to keep things safe.

last time i went to a range and i was firing off my cousin's 22 rifle (forgot what it was) i started going for things 200 yards away and actually had to start lobbing the shots a bit by aiming upwards. it was fun. :)

and the ammo's so freaking cheap!!

Back