london, england

[HT]-drshoktar

Veteran XX
so im in london right now. ive been here for about three weeks. i just recently began classes at lse. i really love this city. its a very cool place to have a lot of fun. however, its 106am and im in my room alone drinking scotch. i guess that says a lot about my wednesday night. although i had a blast last wednesday until the girls i was with took their second absinthe shot and threw up in the cab costing me 55 pounds. thats 110 us dollars. jesus. but this city is very cool. i got no response really to my drinking alone in london thread, so i dont know if anyone actually lives here, but its definitely a very cool place to hang out for a bit. rock on.

well, its great. im heading to spain this weekend and prague the next. london is ridiculously expensive compared to the states, but prague is supposed to be dirt cheap, so i cant wait to get there and check it out. i havent been many other places in europe except amsterdam and dublin, but im really enjoying the whole europe thing this summer. its definitely something to check out if youve not done it. getting around by tube in london is very easy and trains throughout europe are fairly cheap (or else easyjet). anyway, totally awesome.

I'm sure there's some euros that play tribes.

maybe on euro-tribesplayers.com (or whatever)

they dont seem to post here that often, I dont know why those limey cocksuckers dont post on this board...

Check out Gordon's Wine Bar...it's been there since like the 1300's and it's rad
I can't remember what street it's on...few blocks SE from Leicester Square

London was awesome but god damn was it expensive

Grapefruit said:
do girls there like american accents?

cause I know this british guy here and he can fuck any girl he wants

not really. in fact, you need to be a little careful with the american accent, or else your cab driver may take you for a bit of a ride, but its definitely true about american girls going wild over the english accent. the guy can be incredibily ugly, but there is something about a european guy that girls think is so amazing. maybe think he is just some worldwide playboy or something. of course thats rarely true, there are a ton of losers here. but there are cool guys (and girls) too.

Special---K said:
Check out Gordon's Wine Bar...it's been there since like the 1300's and it's rad
I can't remember what street it's on...few blocks SE from Leicester Square

London was awesome but god damn was it expensive

i believe its on drury lane, approx. 1 minute walk from where i am. the oldest licensed place in england. very cool

I'm in Northern Ireland. I heard on the radio you're getting some shitty weather in Southern England right now. I guess that sucks, it was great up here.

ya....I have some pics from there

I was in London for a week about 2 months ago...at the start of my whirlwhind Irish vacation.

I was almost fucking broke 1/3 into the trip :shock:

how about all those fucking Pizza huts everywhere!
I mean Jesus

and they're not like our pizza huts...they're HUGE with fancy menus and like 50 tables

something's wrong with those people

oh ya...and the tube fucking owns
go to the Tate Gallery and check out that bathroom made out of one way glass ;)

Belfast yeah. it was a scorching hot day here today, hopefully it'll get down your way before you leave.

try some Maynard's Winegums from the vending machine in the subway

I ate some on a dare and my GOD are they awful

Hey, shok. Prague *is* dirt cheap, but getting more expensive now that the Czech Republic is in the EU. Now's a good time to visit. Two essential bits of advice:
1) You WILL be approached by guys in business suits offering to exchange currency at favorable rates or whatever. DON'T do it.
2) Don't get into a taxi cab without negotiating the fare BEFOREHAND.

You mentioned easyjet. Do you know about ryanair too?

Where in Spain are you going? I'm about to take off for Palma de Majorca m'self. Then Normandy, France. Then back to the good ol' USA.

You guys don't have wine gums in america? My great aunt said she got drunk once bingeing on wine gums, lol.

[HT]-drshoktar said:
not really. in fact, you need to be a little careful with the american accent, or else your cab driver may take you for a bit of a ride, but its definitely true about american girls going wild over the english accent. the guy can be incredibily ugly, but there is something about a european guy that girls think is so amazing. maybe think he is just some worldwide playboy or something. of course thats rarely true, there are a ton of losers here. but there are cool guys (and girls) too.

my experience as well.

Back