Living in San Jose?

JodoFett

Contributor
Veteran XX
How is it? I'm being flown out for an interview, curious what people think of the area. What are some good suburbs outside of the city for family housing?

Stellar weather, lots of jobs. Housing/cost of living are stupid. If you want to be a home owner, get prepared for long commutes.

the water in san jose sucks.

it depends on what you're looking for in terms of family housing. if you don't have kids living downtown wouldn't be too bad, but it wouldn't be my first choice as far as places to live. I lived a 20 minute walk from downtown for a few years until my first kid was school age...and then I bought a house in a good east bay school district.

also depends on where you're going to work in san jose. san jose is really fucking big.

downtown there's some tech companies, shitty schools and a lot of homeless people, but there's some good places to take small kids and some good places to eat.

up north along first street and tasman there's a lot of tech companies...altho somewhere in there you end up in santa clara and sunnyvale and mountainview.

ebay has another campus out by hamilton, which isn't a totally shitty area.

tbh all the cities out there have kinda merged together into one massive suburb. unless your goal is to bike/walk to work there's no reason to limit a housing search to only san jose just because you're working in san jose.

rents and housing prices are better in san jose than other parts of the bay.

i dont see too many bums here... for some reason theyre all in SF... oh thats right cuz the commie mayor gives them free housing :|

the sj bums are limited to living along the guadalupe river and Coyote Creek. the one out on Coyote Creek by happy hollow are kinda out of the way, but the ones along the guadalupe river trail can be a little spooky, especially out by the children's discovery museum.

Yeah, I wouldn't live in San Jose proper. The job is in Los Gatos - and I'm looking to rent a house probably so Sunnyvale or something like that are probably where I'll be searching.

be careful working at netflix. they're pretty cutthroat. they're doing a lot of cool shit in terms of big cluster, cloud, and automation, but it's a cutthroat corporate culture.

i visited san jose for a month on a work contract about 2 years ago
i bought weed off a black hooker at a bowling alley near the san jose airport garden inn
she delivered it to my hotel room w another girl
i did not fuck them
end

How is it? I'm being flown out for an interview, curious what people think of the area. What are some good suburbs outside of the city for family housing?

It's an alright place. University is downtown and the old post office, across from the lodge, is pretty cool.

i visited san jose for a month on a work contract about 2 years ago
i bought weed off a black hooker at a bowling alley near the san jose airport garden inn
she delivered it to my hotel room w another girl
i did not fuck them
end

fourth street bowl?

God damn San Fransisco and areas near seem impossible to live in

it's not so bad.

but tomorrow I'm working from home. fuck trying to get from BART to the office, or even trying to get on BART in the first place.

stupid giants had to go win the world series again.

I hate when they do that.

fourth street bowl?

around the corner from the airport garden inn... down the street a few blocks from japantown

dont remember the name but that sounds familiar

edit: just looked at google maps
yeah that was definitely it
i gave the chick 50 bucks and my hotel room # and was like "im never gonna see her again"
2 hrs later shes knockin on my door with a blunt rolled and a bag stuffed full of it
fuck yeah cali hospitality

Last edited:
Back