[Livejournal]Had to euthanize my 5 months old kitty last night

Ddrakon

Veteran XV
I'm sure that this isn't a good idea considering that this is TW, but it feels good just writing about it

Girlfriend and I adopted a kitty a couple days before Christmas. We were hooked from the first moment, he was very social and affectionate on top of being playful like all kittens.

Couple days ago, he started losing his appetite and energy, which was very unlike him. We noticed his stomach getting bigger despite the fact that he was eating less.

Brought him to an emergency vet last night expecting it to be some sort of bladder infection or something similar. Ended up being wet FIP, which is fatal very quick and can't be treated. We didn't want to prolong his suffering so we decided to let him go.

Feline infectious peritonitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It felt like some sort of nightmare. We were certain that it was something minor and that we'd bring him back with perhaps a little treatment. Never expected we'd be going back home without him. I still hoped to wake up this morning and see him.

RIP Billy

CJNeOIg.jpg

Flame on

sorry to hear that man

i had to put down one of my cats due to abdominal cancer (similar symptoms to FIP) in january so i feel your pain. just remember that you did the right thing so you can take some small comfort from that.

You did the right thing, no point in having a kitten suffer. When you are ready there are still lots of cats at shelters that need loving homes and having a new little fur-ball around can help.

Know the feeling. I had to put down my cat who i raised from a kitten through all 17 years of his life. It was a long time ago but still it wasnt easy.

Know the feeling. I had to put down my cat who i raised from a kitten through all 17 years of his life. It was a long time ago but still it wasnt easy.

I try and look at the positive. They don't live as long as us but they are spoiled as fuck during their lives. (dogs/cats/turtles etc)

similar story a few years ago...kitty was 8 months. took her to vet with no appetite hoping for a magic pill and i'd get home.

except i left without her and felt like wtf just happened :(

Back