[Listening to] the radio.

Crudbury

Lately, mostly due to the DNC and its republican equivalent and of course the ever closer threat of our idiotic president doing something demonstrative to ensure a legacy, I've made a conscious effort to amp up my viewing of news coverage. I long ago discovered that I have a congenital inability to respect any information coming out of a news set that is 20 percent glass and 80 percent blue screens. That ruled out fox news, CNN, msnbc, or "headline news," which as far as I'm concerned is just above getting all your news from youtube. I learned to appreciate news hour with jim Lehrer.
What I'm getting at is I learned to love getting my news from NPR. Their analysis and coverage of the DNC, specifically, was at least a billion or two times better than any of the television has to offer. I'm sure many of you have already come to this conclusion long ago, but for a twenty year old raised in a universe of visual stimulation, it was kind of nice.

Cliffs: I love weed.

bear_on_horse.jpg

yeah i got rid of cable

my radio stays on npr constantly.

wait wait dont tell me is one of my fav shows

cartalk is hilarious/informative

this american life is brilliant

and there is nothing sweeter than waking up to renee montagne's sweet sweet voice at 7am M-F

shit i will even listen to "the splendid dish" if i'm really bored. gay as that is.

the radio rocks.

i'm actually in the market for another good radio. any suggestions?

Back