Light Gun for NES Question?

oOCyraXOo

Veteran X
i was just thinking about the lightgun for nes. how the fuck does it work? its not like the SNES bazooka that had a sensor. please explain

if you take out one of the lenses it shoots the whole screen making you the ultimate duck hunter

It has receptors in it.

When you fire the gun, a signal gets sent to the game, and the screen is redrawn.

The background and anything you don't need to hit is drawn in white. The stuff that can be hit is drawn in black or in another color.

The gun gets that info off the tv (collects light rays and crap), and the game can then see if there's any black (or red, or green, or whatever) in the picture taken, and it can tell whether you've hit it or missed it

Was it used for any other game than duck hunt? that was some cool technology that seemed to be wasted. I played with that gun even when it wasn't plugged in when I was a kid.

Lethal Enforcers for Genesis was awesome . used to rent that game and it came with two guns. almost just like the arcade w/ out the quarters.

Somec said:
It has receptors in it.

When you fire the gun, a signal gets sent to the game, and the screen is redrawn.

The background and anything you don't need to hit is drawn in white. The stuff that can be hit is drawn in black or in another color.

The gun gets that info off the tv (collects light rays and crap), and the game can then see if there's any black (or red, or green, or whatever) in the picture taken, and it can tell whether you've hit it or missed it

there ya go

Back