Legitimate Xbox 360 Keyboard/Mouse Adapter XIM3 now out

Rooster!

Contributor
Veteran XX
For those of you that refuse to get with the times and have to have your keyboard and mouse, you now have the option of spending 150.00 on the XIM3. According to Engadget and a few other sites, it actually appears to be the real deal and has settings tailored to each game you play. It's evidently far superior to the XIM2, never used either so I can't speak for it.

The guy in the engadget video completely destroys a team on Nuketown and if you can get past the faggoty bunny hopping and prone diving it seems like he has a ton of control.

XIM3 Xbox 360 keyboard / mouse / etc. adapter goes on sale... sort of -- Engadget

xim-2010-12-01-600-01.jpg-1291208715.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, usually if I want to play a PC game I'll play it... on the PC. Console is for chilling out on the couch. :shrug:

You could about buy a low-end gaming PC for the price of an Xbox plus this thing.

Xbox live is a 1000x better experience than PC, and there is 1/100th of the hacks, cheats, mods, etc. Just play with other adult friend on Xbox like most people these days, or set your live chat to friends only and not worry about getting butthurt by 12 year olds?

XBL and Steam are both good about keeping the hacks to a minimum (at least with Steam's current gen games).

Vac is working? :lol:

There are decade old CS cheats still usable.

It isn't about them working, it's about the banning. Most ppl I've seen that try to cheat in TF2 or the likes get a ban pretty quick.

Anything else I wouldn't bother with (competitively).

Last edited:
I'm happy to say that the only cheat I've ever used has been Red Mines on Tribes 1 about a week before they patched them, just so I could see wtf the fuss was all about.

It was pretty much useless, 'cause other than random mines out in the playing field you pretty much knew where they were going to be anyway.

But as for EXPLOITS... In Day of Defeat I exploited the shit out of map spots/trick jumps/etc.

Yeah they'll get them back soon I assume. I would never spend 150 bucks for this but I'm a casual gamer these days and adjusted to a controller with the Xbox 1 so it's not an issue.

From all the reviews this thing really does remove the #1 complaint on why people don't want to play on an Xbox/Live.

I hope for whoever buys them that MS doesn't patch it out somehow though if it's enough of an advantage, or perhaps this will get them to enable mouse/kb support natively so you don't need a 150.00 hackjob to get around the limitation.

Stuff like this is lame. Learn to use the controller or stick to PC.

On Xbox Live you are competing against 12 year olds with ADD anyway, you don't need mouse+kb to own them. You can dominate most games with a little patience and some flanking.

Stuff like this is lame. Learn to use the controller or stick to PC.

On Xbox Live you are competing against 12 year olds with ADD anyway, you don't need mouse+kb to own them. You can dominate most games with a little patience and some flanking.

Fuck that, now its time to show console nubs how FPS games are really meant to be played......RAGE!!!!!!

Eh, still think the PC is just so much better for shooters

- Dedicated servers are much better than peer-hosted random games, both for consistent connections and more sense of community.
- A good PC can actually hold a stable framerate.
- The FOV on most console shooters is god awful

I played the shit out of left 4 dead on the pc. 3 of my best friends all got it for the xbox, quite a few months after it was released. They played all the time, so I picked it up for the 360 as well. After a few hours, I felt like a god on the 360, totally owning everyone. Normally I'm just an average player, but on the 360 (with my pc skill training) I felt incredible. I can only imagine what this device does. I think mwant one.

The problem with all adapters so far has been it still felt like a console. Maybe this is only usable by setting the sensitivity to 10 or something.

Back