Left4Dead 2 -- buy for PC or 360?

Urraca

Veteran XX
What's the call on this one?

I'll be getting Modern Warfare 2 for 360 after getting it for PC last time, I'm thinking PC for left4dead though.

I plan on getting both for the PC. Might wait a bit for L4D though. MWF was amazing IMO. I loved every min of it and could not put it down.

Why would you ever want to ever buy a shooter on a console when there's a working PC version out ...

PC for sure. I own the Xbox 360 and its next to impossible to get a good game going. If you want to play you are forced to host because 75% of online people that join games don't use their mics. If you do happen to have 3 friends to start a game with, you will be so much better then every pub team that they leave after a round or 2.

(In left 4 dead 1)

how bitchin of a computer do you need for L4D / L4D 2? I have an overpriced laptop from 3 years ago w dual 1.8ghz, nvidia 7800 go, and a gig of ram; is that shit sufficient w/o it being graphically horrible?

Floor can u run HL2? It runs pretty much the exact same.

L4D's biggest problem is that it's too easy for the survivors to hole up and kill hundreds of zombies without ever getting hurt. Esp on the new maps, the Boomer is almost worthless unless they already have a guy or two down.

L4D's biggest problem is that it's too easy for the survivors to hole up and kill hundreds of zombies without ever getting hurt. Esp on the new maps, the Boomer is almost worthless unless they already have a guy or two down.

I get solid booms constantly. The trick is to spawn and boom them when they're very close. I see too many dummies spawn at distance and try to sneak up with a bloated, gurgling, yodeling fat man.

Although it doesn't seem like it the boomer takes a lot of skill to use and is usually the reason infected are able to get 1 or 2 people down. If your team is able to down survivors without a good boom than that survivor team SUCKS. Stupid people like to spawn behind survivors or when they are held up in a room that they can camp in and wait out the horde. The good boomers get people as they transition between open areas so hunters and smokers can do their job.

When I play with pugs I almost always have to tell people not to boom people inside rooms because it's such a waste. L4D2 will help solve the camping issue anyway.

I get solid booms constantly. The trick is to spawn and boom them when they're very close. I see too many dummies spawn at distance and try to sneak up with a bloated, gurgling, yodeling fat man.
No, the trick is to boom them when they're out in the open. If you boom someone inside all you're doing is delaying the game as the survivor will just corner up or go into a room.

Although it doesn't seem like it the boomer takes a lot of skill to use and is usually the reason infected are able to get 1 or 2 people down. If your team is able to down survivors without a good boom than that survivor team SUCKS. Stupid people like to spawn behind survivors or when they are held up in a room that they can camp in and wait out the horde. The good boomers get people as they transition between open areas so hunters and smokers can do their job.

When I play with pugs I almost always have to tell people not to boom people inside rooms because it's such a waste. L4D2 will help solve the camping issue anyway.

Yeah you really need teamwork with the boom though or they just turtle back up. Maps need more open areas imo.

Back