LAX is the worst airport in the world and it's not close.

Mitch I like you but stop being stupid. The us airports were all created 50 years before the modern Asian airports. It's much harder to rebuild infrastructure than start from a clean sheet. Plus Americans designed all those airports just like Burj etc. Like actually designed by SOM and similar architects.

LaGuardia and O'Hare are currently getting upgraded.

I was just at LAX last week and it sucked, but all of California is like 40 years behind on transit.

Dubai Airport didn't exist 50 years ago. If it's a fuckup just knock it over and start again.

I'd legitimately argue that Dubai airport is pretty mediocre now compared to Istanbul, Singapore etc it's def in tier B and not tier A these days.

ATL is best because it has a train. Best airports have trains as well as planes.

I'd legitimately argue that Dubai airport is pretty mediocre now compared to Istanbul, Singapore etc it's def in tier B and not tier A these days.

I agree. Bad design. Singapore is far better but Qatar will blow your mind it's like 2100.

the PLANE TRAIN

bet dubai doesn't have this boss shit

XrLQRQw.jpg

most of the bad american airports including lax are almost 100 years old, not 50 years old

they were made before jets even existed

and u can't just knock em down u need a functional airport while u build a new one

it's nice that qatar finally learned how to use airplanes

if you could have only 1 experience for every airport and that experience was landing and having to go to another terminal to catch another flight LAX is probably the worst by a long shot

An Airport experience doesn’t affect me. As long as I get where I need to go, I don’t get hung up on trivial things like that.

My least favorite is Atlanta.

I like Denver. It's big but easy.

Portland has a good Airport. It can get busy but they do stuff like just throw open the lines and let a dog sniff you instead of making everyone wait to get scanned. They will also send people through TSA lines if they are not filled and the regular lines are.
Plus, it's smaller so getting to your plane is fast. Not like Dallas or some of the others.

But - yeah - fuck LAX.

Regular air travel in the US has become terrible. Combine it with the people and it can be almost unbearable.

Have to fly through Newark somewhat regularly and can confirm it is more then worthy of the #1 spot.
Chronic delays, endless construction, packed waiting areas just to start.

Terrible airport and the worst part is driving out of the place. What a shit hole.

What a fucking desperately badly organised shithole. Seriously Khartoum airport is more efficient. Why do I keep doing this when I could have gone via NY or Borrrrston? Just shoot me now.

I'm going to spar with you there. Just because you have spray-tan dipshits with whitened teeth running the Hertz and Avis counters. . LAX is semi ok. Trolleys are available and unless you are looking for entertainment there, just retrieve your luggage and find a taxi? Not hard.

Ever been through Gatwick? Far worse. Boston Logan? Shithole, and when I say shit, I'm talking about bird shit. The worst smelling shit in the world, and Boston Logan invites you to eat it, especially if you are international, coming through customs. Salt Lake is terrible, the corridors make you feel like you are a rat in a maze. Ted Stevens International (Anchorage) is pretty awful. Every airport I've named is far worse than LAX. I love you, but you're full of shit, my friend. LAX is not very polished, not very nice, but it's far from the worst.

Lets shift gears and talk about the best ones:

My opinion:

5. O'hare. It used to be the shittiest airport ever, but then they pulled the stick out and made it nice.

4. Dubai. Clean, decent shopping, modern.

3. Abu Dhabi. Better shopping, longer runways, bigger jets, cleanliness about the same, but it's bigger and better then Dubai. Suck it.

2. Heathrow. I know it's old, I know they still have swiveling radar receivers, and the staff is mostly old and for some reason talk with Yorkshire accents (glottal stop when there is a T in the middle of the word-- they don't say the sibilant T) Whatever. . there is something about Heathrow that is old soul. They still sell pipes, tobacco, and tweed jackets. I'll never lose love for Heathrow.

1. Schiphol. Best airport in the history of the world, by far. So efficient, getting you to whatever concourse, and the Dutch staff are all fluent in English, German, Spanish. Forgot your tablet? they have the top-of-the-line in android or Apple. Clothes. . it's like being at Macy's in NY, except better. (Europeans make better clothes. . this is a fact, not opinion) and the food-- you can not only get Kroketten and kass souffle, but English and American food too. Brother Sehvi, can I get a witness? Schiphol best airport ever.

IMG_7018-1280x920.jpeg

Last edited:
Orly. I've never started or ended a european trip in Amsterdam, always train in and out.

Orly. I've never started or ended a european trip in Amsterdam, always train in and out.

Did you come out of Utrecht? That's the major rail Hub for Holland.
If you can go by train, that's always better.

If you have to fly, Schiphol is as good as it gets.

I'm going to spar with you there. Just because you have spray-tan dipshits with whitened teeth running the Hertz and Avis counters. . LAX is semi ok. Trolleys are available and unless you are looking for entertainment there, just retrieve your luggage and find a taxi? Not hard.

Ever been through Gatwick? Far worse. Boston Logan? Shithole, and when I say shit, I'm talking about bird shit. The worst smelling shit in the world, and Boston Logan invites you to eat it, especially if you are international, coming through customs. Salt Lake is terrible, the corridors make you feel like you are a rat in a maze. Ted Stevens International (Anchorage) is pretty awful. Every airport I've named is far worse than LAX. I love you, but you're full of shit, my friend. LAX is not very polished, not very nice, but it's far from the worst.

Lets shift gears and talk about the best ones:

My opinion:

5. O'hare. It used to be the shittiest airport ever, but then they pulled the stick out and made it nice.

4. Dubai. Clean, decent shopping, modern.

3. Abu Dhabi. Better shopping, longer runways, bigger jets, cleanliness about the same, but it's bigger and better then Dubai. Suck it.

2. Heathrow. I know it's old, I know they still have swiveling radar receivers, and the staff is mostly old and for some reason talk with Yorkshire accents (glottal stop when there is a T in the middle of the word-- they don't say the sibilant T) Whatever. . there is something about Heathrow that is old soul. They still sell pipes, tobacco, and tweed jackets. I'll never lose love for Heathrow.

1. Schiphol. Best airport in the history of the world, by far. So efficient, getting you to whatever concourse, and the Dutch staff are all fluent in English, German, Spanish. Forgot your tablet? they have the top-of-the-line in android or Apple. Clothes. . it's like being at Macy's in NY, except better. (Europeans make better clothes. . this is a fact, not opinion) and the food-- you can not only get Kroketten and kass souffle, but English and American food too. Brother Sehvi, can I get a witness? Schiphol best airport ever.

IMG_7018-1280x920.jpeg

You know how long it took me to get through passport control in LAX? 45 fucking minutes.

You know how long it took in Dubai? 0.0045 seconds. What documents did I need? None. No passport, no ID. Just my eyes. I shit you not, iris scan and go.

Back