Laptop's

subby|

Veteran XV
hey all, I'm in the market for a new laptop and was wondering if you guys know of any good deals going on, i currently have a 5 year old Sony that just isn't cutting it anymore. I have a $1000 budget, though if it costs less i wont cry. Thanks in advance, I'm sort of out of the loop with technology these days.

What are your requirements for screen size, usage, etc? Help us help you.

Last edited:
the ' makes the word possessive

"laptop's" should be used like "i spilled bosco onto my laptop's screen"

you wanted to use

laptops

STAY AWAY FROM HP

I ignored this advice when I was laptop shopping. My HP tx1000 died after 23 months of heavy use.

Get a 5 or 600 dollar laptop, use it for 3 years and then get a new one. Laptops are pretty much disposable items, imo. And stay the hell away from HP :ugh:

sonys are a fucking bitch to take apart, prepare to get raped if the thing needs out of warranty repair

Get a 5 or 600 dollar laptop, use it for 3 years and then get a new one. Laptops are pretty much disposable items, imo. And stay the hell away from HP :ugh:
That's what I'm doing. Got a Toshiba at Best Buy on sale for $600. Used it 4 years and it was dead so I backed everything up and went and bought another $600 Toshiba at best buy. About 2 years in on this one and it's still solid. A couple more years and I'll repeat the process.

sonys are a fucking bitch to take apart, prepare to get raped if the thing needs out of warranty repair

This. I spent good money on a vaio. Dide 13 months later. Sony didn't do shit. It is a tough nut to crack open without breaking something.

Back