LA Tdubers

PropIsDead

Veteran X
How many TDub folks live in LA? :shock:

I've got two friends moving there, and they're trying to find an okay area of town to live in (west LA, hollywood area? .. ?). They are both white males ... in case that is a factor.

And who of you live in that area anyway? :eek:

Aside from that -- both of their business resides out there .. dramatic/film/video game music and sound composition and/or acting/music. Its pilot season out there, so they need to move ASAP.

Santa Monica, Palms
Westwood if they want a college town (UCLA area)

West Hollywood has lots of gays...in case they have a problem with that

btw
LA is full of TERRIBLE people...and if they are working in the entertainment industry I hope they are prepared to basically starve to death unless a 1 in a million shot happens to blow up

Also having a car is a requirement

I live in the Silverlake area just outside of Hollywood. Anywhere near Hollywood and you'll be fine. Los Feliz is fucking awesome, Echo Park is pretty up and coming.

I love it here I don't care what anyone says :)

How many TDub folks live in LA? :shock:

I've got two friends moving there, and they're trying to find an okay area of town to live in (west LA, hollywood area? .. ?). They are both white males ... in case that is a factor.

And who of you live in that area anyway? :eek:

neither of those places are nice or affordable. Where are they gonna work?

Hermosa is my recommendation. For the money, they can live closer to the beach, and deal with a lot less stress. Of course, it'll add 15-20mins to their commute if they're working around Hollywood.

If they're looking to rent, there are lots of places. Knowing where they are gonna commute to is pretty important information.

you cannot value a convenient commute to work highly enough if you're deciding where to live in LA. yeah hermosa's nice but it's just not worth it if you live somewhere east of the 405.

i would live as close as possible to where i worked unless it was south or east LA.

Hermosa is my recommendation. For the money, they can live closer to the beach, and deal with a lot less stress. Of course, it'll add 15-20mins to their commute if they're working around Hollywood.

their commute will be a lot more than 15-20 min compared to living in a place like silverlake so i dunno wtf you're talking about.

i also recommend the silverlake area although i think it's pretty shitty.

if they don't mind living in a chinese/mexican area, definitely shoot for alhambra. it's safer than silverlake, a little bit further, but the 10 freeway is right there. lots of usc grad students live in alhambra.

Back