Knives

oh. Im not all that familiar with the fixed blades.

My friend had a sick one tho, we called it the "Brutilator".

Serrated edge, had a regular cutting surface too, was curved a little, about 8 inches long, had brass knuckles with spikes on em too. Scary lookin mothafucker.

PsioniX said:
wtf, buy a Gerber.

gerbers are by far the worst knives made.

The steel they use in the blades are so brittle. I've had countless gerbers and every single one i've ever had the blades have chipped and/or broke.

Benchmade uses ATS-34 wich is hella strong. The knives made by them are great quality but the handles can sometimes come apart after prolonged use. So you will need to get the screws replaced after a few years. Although if anything ever happens physically to your knife Benchmade will repair/resharpen or replace your knife.

However.. as much as i like benchmade and as much as i dislike spyderco's knife designs. Thier knives i would have to say are by far the most durable knives i've ever seen. Even over hand crafted knives. I've owned many a knives in my life but i've had one spyderco for 9 years that i still have and its been used for everything from cutting thick rubber to cutting mesh. I used to work with carpet a lot and my spyderco is better than a carpet cutter.

i really hate the designs of the knives by spyderco but if i was to reccomend a knife to anyone it would be a spyderco just because of the quality.

Are ka-bars pretty durable? Benchmades are a bit too expensive, and i do not like the design of them. Only ones I like are balisongs and i cant get those because i live in california

ka-bars are some pretty burly knives. Theyd hold up for a while.

And i dont know what the hell Dark angel was doing to his knives, but me and everyone I know have never broken a gerber. They are resilient motherfuckers.

PsioniX said:
ka-bars are some pretty burly knives. Theyd hold up for a while.

And i dont know what the hell Dark angel was doing to his knives, but me and everyone I know have never broken a gerber. They are resilient motherfuckers.

i was shaving the bones :D

teknique said:
which one should i get?

Which one did you train with?

PsioniX said:
My friend had a sick one tho, we called it the "Brutilator".

Serrated edge, had a regular cutting surface too, was curved a little, about 8 inches long, had brass knuckles with spikes on em too. Scary lookin mothafucker.

Sounds like it'd be a more a danger to him than the other guy.

Last edited:
DSCN11436.JPG

Back