Kindle Fire Rooting, worth it?

Got one for Christmas and therefore, as with any electronic device I get, I want to mess with it. Is it worth it to root it?

Who else got one of these? Liking it so far :)

not rooting it makes it useless for anything other than reading books and buying shit from the amazon store. The daily free app sometimes ends up being worth keep, but usually it's pretty crappy shit.
We debated getting one for the kids, along with a nook tablet, and ended up just spending the extra 50-75 and getting a full tablet, was just worth it for the extras it has

honestly the fire software isn't so bad... i'm not sure it's worth it much right now

^^ - If I get a Kindle Fire it's going to be to use Amazon streaming/etc. Rooting it kind of defeats the purpose of it to me.

Personally I have no need for a tablet, but if I were to get one it would only be for books/streaming and that's all I would want a Kindle Fire for.

I'm cool with my Kindle Fire the way it is. Why root? The only complaint I have is the Prime movie collection sucks.

if that's all you want it for, the nook tablet is better than the fire because the screen is freaking phenominal

you probably used a quick rooting tool and it was complete within like 15 seconds

edit: the post above sucks but what i'm going for here is that you're not good at the sex

Back