Just woke up to CNN and heard the toll was at 80 K.

Orcus

Contributor
Veteran X
This is a ridiculousamount of loss of life, and people are just starting to suffer from the unsanitary conditions, disease, and no potable water. The situation is absolutely mind boggling. What a depressing figure to wake up to.

Redz15 said:
my point is

they over estimating

and you are an idiot

actually 9/11 was 30 thousand people predicted.. but whatever.. heres where your wrong though:

on 9/11 the predictions started at 30 thousand + and went down as the days and hours passed

the tsunami started low and has gone up as the days and hours have passed...

:shrug:

Redz15 said:
when 9/11 happened 10000 people had died
Try 2,752 in NY, 127 other passengers and 20 crew members of the other flights and 126 in the Pentegon.

Orcus said:
Try 2,752 in NY, 127 other passengers and 20 crew members of the other flights and 126 in the Pentegon.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

NO FUCKING WAY!

So the reports of 10k dead on 9/11 were false?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Redz15 said:
my point is

they over estimating

and you are an idiot
I highly doubt they are over estimating. Lesser earthquakes have caused more loss of life in the last century, no reason this one didn't cause that much damage and loss of life. Shut the fuck up.

Orcus said:
We know the final numbers. The point was that when the attack first occurred the estimate was much higher than the actual total. Thus, it may be a similar occurrance with these estimates, that they are much higher than what the final total will be a few months from now.

But I have to agree apollod, those stimates from 9/11 went down, these keep going up...

Loco-Raider said:
I highly doubt they are over estimating. Lesser earthquakes have caused more loss of life in the last century, no reason this one didn't cause that much damage and loss of life. Shut the fuck up.

nou

It'll get near 200,000 before this is all done. And I'm not including deaths from disease. If you include that, this shit gets near half a million people.

That's absolutely mind numbing.

Im with you orcus.. hard to comprehend how horrible it must be over there.. Pictures tell alot but not everything...

Back