Just saw this AC360 Ad on TV, lol @ apparent cnn bias

Bibble

Veteran X
Now i usually like CNN but this promo i saw for Anderson Cooper 360 is shady to say the least

I can't find a youtube video of it to link, but apparently someone else saw the same thing I did and already posted in some blog about it or something

Media Note Anderson Cooper 360 Playing To Liberals, Ignore Playing To Conservatives | Crooks and Liars

I even messed with the sound settings on my TV to see if i could pick it up. I guess the premise of the commercial is that there is a male and female voice talking at the same time over each other. The female voice says she's a lifelong democrat and thats why she watches anderson cooper 360 because whenever one of those 'RIGHT' wing politicians plays with the facts they're held accountable.

at the same time the male voice is saying he's a lifelong republican and that he watches AC360 because - i assume he's supposed to say 'when those LEFT wing politicians....' - but all i hear is 'RIGHT'. i even turned my bass all the way up and the treble all the way down to hopefully mute out the woman but i still can't clearly make out 'LEFT' at all. In fact i dont even think the guy says 'left' i dunno what he says, sounds like he just says 'RIGHT' too which wouldnt make sense if hes supposed to be the republican.

is this supposed to be like subliminal advertising, or is this a poorly masked attempt to pander to the left wing viewership.

bad form cnn, i always liked ya, but thats either obvious bias or some shitty technical work from your ad producers.

You can hear him say something and to be fair the guy probably did say "left" when they recorded it, but all you can make out is "RIGHT" and the end result is pretty blatant.

You're deaf? :shrug:

The woman's voice is more distinguishable, but the man's voice is definitely not saying "right".

Edit: To be clearer; I heard the "ft" part of "left" just fine and it's pretty obvious what the commercial is going for after that.

Pretty much every prime time show on any of the major "news" networks is driven by the host's opinions and agenda. It's more of a talk news show than an actual news report.

Anyone who considers themself a modern conservative watches Fox. Who the hell else do you think is watching CNN? Moderates? Nah, they're tuned in to Colbert and John Stewart.

only the left wing people play with the facts
or at least, when the right wing people play with the facts, they aren't held accountable

You're deaf? :shrug:

The woman's voice is more distinguishable, but the man's voice is definitely not saying "right".

Edit: To be clearer; I heard the "ft" part of "left" just fine and it's pretty obvious what the commercial is going for after that.

/shrug

perhaps its because i wasnt listening to it in stereo. but you agree that 'right' is clearer than 'left'... yes? if all you could make out was 'ft'

I agree the tone of the woman's voice makes it more clearly understood. But the entire commercial worked just fine as it was intended.

Back