just got an xbox360 help me out

Degenerate

Veteran XX
Yea I know there's an xbox360 thread on the first page already but I'm not about to go posting questions on page 7. So anyways, my friend is at college and he left his 360 so I swiped it from him. Now for the video cables, it's not just an RCA cable but there is also another set of 3 plugs that are red, blue, and green - what are those for?

Also - what games should I be looking at getting for the 360?

i got a 42" plasma (not HD), is the picture gonna be drastically worse (as i hear component cables with the wii make it look like a different system almost)?

Actually I should probably just go hook it up right now to take a look.

But what other games are worth getting besides gears of war?

how do you have a 42" plasma that is not HD

that makes about as much sense as you eating goat penis

what are you up to now anyways, since you bailed out of boiler room

wait miao, so my tv is hd? are all 42" plasmas pretty much hooked up like that? (i know jack about technology if none of you guys could tell)

any plasma or LCD is HD

you just need an HD signal

i.e. watching standard TV on it != HD

watching a DVD with component cables = HD

xbox 360 hooked up with component cables = HD

HD is pretty much just a higher resolution, aka better quality.

p.s. get an HDTV box from your cable provider, it makes sports games 100x more enjoyable.

edit: unless you got an EDTV, in which case i think you can still run things at 480p or wahtever

yo your dad is pretty funny

So I came out of the bathroom and find my dad managed to go through my games collection and load up Grand Theft Auto on my ps2.
"Wait, so I don't have to look both ways before crossing the street?"
"How come I don't have to stop at a red light?"
"Geeze louis this guy lives in a dangerous neighborhood"
(I don't think I've ever heard my dad say geeze louis before)
"Oh Shit, this mother fucker is shooting at me!!!"
(the most golden quote ever)

i'm in hong kong remember - i don't think tv programming here has a whole lot of HD support if any. but a lot of my friends have hd tvs here for dvds.

alright i just went to the back of my tv and where you can plug AV6 in, there's "HDMI" written on it. is this where you plug in HD cables and then the RCA cables to a normal AV?

HDMI = highest quality HD signal, but 360 does not support it
Component (red,green, blue rca-like jacks) = best quality 360 signal if your tv does not accept DVI

look for the plugs with red-blue-green video plugs and the accompanying red-white audio plugs

that's where you plug in the xbox. then flip the switch on the xbox connector to "HD"

how did you ever figure out how to use the internet and play tribes :p

btw did you go to adrian's little holiday bash in HK, i heard he dropped some serious coin on that thing

hmmm, since the only other ports i see other than that HDMI port are normal AV ports, am I only able to play using normal the normal RCA cords? (i don't see DVI anywhere back behind my tv)

nm ayz answered my question.

and no, i think i went to bed early that night. why the heck is living in the places he's living now btw. from missouri to ireland?

any plasma or LCD is HD

you just need an HD signal
/QUOTE]

I thought you needed the pixels to output HD... That's what made it high definition...

If your plasma outputs at 700 by 450 or whatever the standard widescreen TV resolution was (like my old plasma did) then you can input a HD or SD signal, but your output will only be in widescreen SD.

hmmm, since the only other ports i see other than that HDMI port are normal AV ports, am I only able to play using normal the normal RCA cords? (i don't see DVI anywhere back behind my tv)

do you see rca-style jacks that are colored red/green/blue and/or say "Y-Pb-Pr"?

Back