[Jurassic Park] First Fossil of Blood-Filled Mosquito Discovered

They just need to add some frog DNA to complete the sequence and get to cloning
fucking do it already

jurassic_park_mosquito_in_amber.png

Last edited:
DNA breaks down dude, so it's impossible to bring them back from fossilized blood. Sorry

It was impossible to even identify a person from DNA quite recently. It was also impossible for me to sit in my house typing something and for you to read it 5 seconds later. etc..............................

The mosquito in that photo isn't even gorged on a blood meal. The only DNA you'll be extracting from it will be the mosquito variety.

The mosquito in that photo isn't even gorged on a blood meal. The only DNA you'll be extracting from it will be the mosquito variety.

it's a prehistoric mosquito...

do you realize the havoc that will ensue when they start cloning that thing: death, plague, destruction on pre-biblical proportions. Those things wiped out the dinosaurs you know, it wasn't some silly comet it was the mosquitoes, that have had a plan to take over the planet for millions of years and I for one don't want to be the species that assists them in that.

:spineyes:

on a side note
this is what their mouths look like

finding a blood vessel

From afar, a mosquito’s snout might look like a single tube, but it’s actually a complicated set of tools, encased in a sheath called the labium. You can’t see the labrum at all in the videos; it buckles when the insect bites, allowing the six mouthparts within to slide into the mouse’s skin.

It was impossible to even identify a person from DNA quite recently. It was also impossible for me to sit in my house typing something and for you to read it 5 seconds later. etc..............................
And this has what bearing on the fact that DNA can't survive dozens of milions of years?

The same reason people said a lot of other shit was impossible. I'd wager in time when there's a better understanding of shit it'd happen.
Yes.

When we have a better understanding of how all that DNA hasn't already been destroyed.

I can't wait until we get a better understanding of how unicorns actually exist!

Back