Johnnie Walker Black vs Green

OtisPAB

Veteran X
Any thoughts? I can pick up a fifth of green for $31 but I'm pretty pleased with black in general. No, I can't afford blue. Yes, I realize that black is blended and green is vatted. Also, I've had plenty of single malts but being a blend doesn't inherently make it inferior. :p So any real thoughts?

Black tastes better than green to me. Gold is great as well. Blue is really nice and smooth.

img00101nn6.jpg

Saving your bottles after you finish them is cool.

I didn't much care for green, I'd rather have some bourbon, dewars, or crown royal.

Black: When I first had Black, I was just getting into whiskey. I had tried Red and thought it was horrendous. I had tried Glenlivet and disliked it as well. Black I thought was very tolerable at first, but had a "smoky" flavor. I went from Black to Blue. After I started trying some other whiskies, I went back to Black and discovered it was actually quite good. I believe it has a lower alcohol content than Johnnie Green, but the flavor is better. In terms of personal choice I'd rate Black above Green.

Green: It has a more burning sensation going down. Probably to be attributed to it's higher alcohol content. It's still a good whiskey, but I prefer black. I would tell you to try Gold because Gold is a LOT better than Green, and about the same in terms of price range.

I need to try Yellow: Johnnie Walker Swing

Blue is great, but at 160 a bottle - some places 230, it's a rip off. Plus I drink fast, so I even though I enjoy it, it just isn't worth it for me.

Black: When I first had Black, I was just getting into whiskey. I had tried Red and thought it was horrendous. I had tried Glenlivet and disliked it as well. Black I thought was very tolerable at first, but had a "smoky" flavor. I went from Black to Blue. After I started trying some other whiskies, I went back to Black and discovered it was actually quite good. I believe it has a lower alcohol content than Johnnie Green, but the flavor is better. In terms of personal choice I'd rate Black above Green.

Green: It has a more burning sensation going down. Probably to be attributed to it's higher alcohol content. It's still a good whiskey, but I prefer black. I would tell you to try Gold because Gold is a LOT better than Green, and about the same in terms of price range.

I need to try Yellow: Johnnie Walker Swing

Blue is great, but at 160 a bottle - some places 230, it's a rip off. Plus I drink fast, so I even though I enjoy it, it just isn't worth it for me.

I especially enjoy Glenfiddich 15 year but it's a little pricey for me. I just flat out can't justify Blue. I don't know if gold is available where I go, but I'll definitely check. I just need to solidify my preference before I grab a 1.75 of black. Thanks for the input.

Back