Joel vs. Mike?

Kurayami

Banned
After recent reviewings and some new RT viewings, I'm going to have to say, Mike, though it is very close (like 49-51.) Mike's delivery just makes me laugh.

Also of note would be the Trace vs. Bill debate. I would have to go with Trace, but I do like Bill a lot.

But what of the ultimate: Trace vs. Kevin? While incredibly close, I'm going with Trace again.

Discuss.

If you do not know what this thread is about, you are a loser that probably thinks that Jeff Foxworthy, Dane Cook, and Jeff Dunham are funny. In other words: get the fuck out. Come back when you have some class.

I'm not sure how you could argue that.

He was only around for 3 years. While he was very funny (and is still funny with Mike at RT,) he must be compared directly to Trace since he was Trace's replacement. And in that role I really don't think a compelling argument can be made for his superiority.

This is not, however, to say that the Bill years were bad.

Well, Bill was what I watched most as a kid, but after watching so many as an adult, I have to go with Mike. Bill for nostalgic reasons.

trace was great

between joel and mike, its tough

I mean I was a total joel guy and didn't adjust well to mike at first

but then I really liked the mike episodes so I almost forgot about joel

I like Joel, Trace and TV's Frank. To tell you the truth I can watch any of them and be amused. I like cinematic titanic also. I haven't heard many riff trax though.

Well, Bill was what I watched most as a kid, but after watching so many as an adult, I have to go with Mike. Bill for nostalgic reasons.
I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

Bill replaced Trace.
Bill was only on with Mike.
He was the last person to be added to the cast, so there isn't much "nostalgia."

trace was great

between joel and mike, its tough

I mean I was a total joel guy and didn't adjust well to mike at first

but then I really liked the mike episodes so I almost forgot about joel
I feel similarly. It took me a long time to warm up to Mike as host (he was always there as a writer, though.)

But I never forgot about Joel. :(

How about this one:
Rifftrax vs Cinematic Titanic?

Granted I've seen more RTs, but I lean a bit towards it.

For those who aren't aware:
RT = Mike, Kevin, and Bill
CT = Joel, Trace, Frank, Mary Jo, and Josh

RT feels a lot like seasons 6 -10.
CT feels a lot closer to the earlier years and is totally "Joel."

the problem is that the writing continually got better as the show progressed so i don't think it's fair to compare the two. however trace > * as i look at my crow t robot figurine that came with my 20th anniversary box set

jeff foxworthy is hysterical.

you have no sense of humor.
coming from you juggs, that's a compliment

juggs once posted a "funny story". it was about a man who was told to eat chili that wasn't hot, but the chili was in fact hot. this was the joke. the story was about 2 pages long.

Back