Jesus struck by lightning.

Exodus 20:2–17
2 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
3 Do not have any other gods before me.
4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

How do Catholics reconcile this?

That refers to animals (sky/land/sea).

The bible says not to build pagan idols, meaning idols of something other than him (other gods/animals/whatever).

So this can be viewed two ways. Either God is saying Jesus is a pagan idol (meaning Christianity is false) or there is no God and lightning just hit something that was a freaking huge lightning rod.

So depending on interpretation, it could be considered proper to have an icon of Christ being crucified on the cross as you see in some churches?

crucifix.jpg

because when jesus returns to earth, he's gonna be pretty stoked to see a bunch of old conservative wackjobs wearing jewelry depicting him being nailed to wood & bleeding

because when jesus returns to earth, he's gonna be pretty stoked to see a bunch of old conservative wackjobs wearing jewelry depicting him being nailed to wood & bleeding

I'm curious on the idolotry worship based on their own doctrine. As far as the actual worship of such, Bill Hicks nailed it out of the park years ago.

the storms were pretty nuts in cinci last night; i was watching them from my window, in front of a transformer . i also hated/loved driving past that thing every once in a while . im glad it's crisped.

jesus violates the first commandment, not surprising to see god destroying this.

Nah, according to the ministers at this church, God was displeased that it wasn't made out of gold. Now they have an even better reason for depriving people of their hard-earned money.

Exodus 20:2–17
2 I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery;
3 Do not have any other gods before me.
4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Yay for translation issues.

Heaven = sky
Earth = ground
Water = obvious

Why would they he group Heaven with the ground and water. That would mean it would be okay to have an idol of an Eagle.

Therefore heaven is obviously in this case, the sky.

p.s. The religitards will rationalize their way out of this lightning event. I'm sure it'll be ironically hypocritical or just bullshit, like building it again with more expensive materials.

Last edited:
Back