Ive snowboarded most northeast mountains...

You're pretty much shit outta luck in the Northeast. It's not necessarily the mountains themselves, but the amount of days per year with honestly good conditions are few and far between. Sunday River is probably the best, although I have a soft spot for the glades at Stowe. I don't know of any "best-kept secrets." If you're a serious skier/snowboarder the competitions at Sunday River are the most legit to enter usually; both parks and slalom.

Yeah you're right sunday river is about as good as it gets around here. I ran Stowe for a weekend and couldnt wait to get out of there. I ran stratton, killington, and okemo tues, wed and today. My biggest mistake was going out west to ride. Coming back here from that sucks. I do have everything allset for blackcomb whistler first week of Feb though. That should satisfy my itch

Camelback (Poconos) is fun because you can ski at night.

Smugglers Notch (Vermont) is good for the family.

jay peak man

and all you're doing are the huge overcrowded mountains, get on the 2 sugars, jay peak, even smuggs. Okemo/Killington/Sunday River are mega mountains. Try some of the other places

edit: the real problems here are the temperatures and the wet snow. Even with all this awesome snow we've had thus far, it gets so fucking cold overnight that it freezes.

jay peak man

and all you're doing are the huge overcrowded mountains, get on the 2 sugars, jay peak, even smuggs. Okemo/Killington/Sunday River are mega mountains. Try some of the other places

teddy, you should know that they all suck

teddy, you should know that they all suck

they do all suck, i've gone out west a bunch of times now and it's always so amazing to ski in 30 degrees with real powder, skis not making a sound as they float on the corduroy. It's an amazing feeling and everyone in the east should make sure they do it once or twice a year

But lacking that, going to Loon, Okemo, Killington is just crazy, they're so overcrowded on any weekend day that you're a constant threat to everyone around youa s they are to you

jay peak man

edit: the real problems here are the temperatures and the wet snow. Even with all this awesome snow we've had thus far, it gets so fucking cold overnight that it freezes.

Yeah Ive run all those within the last 3 years or so. Mid week those "mega mountains" aren't usually too overrun. I'll do my usual rounds for the season. Just didn't know if someone had any non popular good spots. One kid brought me to Berkshire east which is a little rinky dink mountain but for $$20 for all day pass I was fuckin impressed. What made it sweet was all the gladed area to bomb down and no one was the wiser

i used to ski suicide 6 a lot, which is a tiny mountain, but it has this giant steep face, and it has one really long run that is awesome for racing down. it is never crowded. woodstock, vt.

jay peak is my favorite east side mountain

Back