Its burger season soon!

New Account

Veteran XX
Burgers are probably one of my most favorite things to grill. The standard burger as we all know is pretty damn delicious but I want to see if any of you guys happen to have a specialty burger recipes that are really tasty.

my specialty burger recipe:

freshly ground meat, butter, salt, pepper

put butter in pan, season meat with salt and pepper, cook until medium rare

isn't that special

it's too fancy for me but i've made prosciutto and mozzarella burgers before. they were a pretty big hit.

form two small patties that you'll eventually press together. put fresh or shredded mozzarella in between the patties and press them together so that the edges are sealed but you dont mash the burger into a pancake

brush the burger with a miniscule amount of canola oil (thank you bobby flay) and then put salt and pepper on both sides.

grill the burgers 3-4 minutes a side on medium heat (the time depends on how thick you make them) and let the meat rest for a couple minutes once you're done grilling

top with prosciutto and place on the bun and you have a "fancy" burger that doesnt require too much extra work

Don't use lean meat, want the fat to keep em' juicy especially if you're grilling. I like to throw some finely chopped onion in with mine as well, but then you need some bread/cracker crumbs and an egg to bind. Garlic wont hurt either.

I have officially stopped buying ground meat - so the only burgers I will be making are with cheaper cuts of steak I will have to grind myself....still have yet to acquire a grinder, so hopefully slow pulses in the cuisinart will suffice.

Scary as it is, giga has the right idea....though the wrong cooking method. Burgers on anything but a grill is sacrilege.

I have officially stopped buying ground meat - so the only burgers I will be making are with cheaper cuts of steak I will have to grind myself....still have yet to acquire a grinder, so hopefully slow pulses in the cuisinart will suffice.

Scary as it is, giga has the right idea....though the wrong cooking method. Burgers on anything but a grill is sacrilege.

Im curious as to why you stopped buying ground meat.

Think of all the bits and pieces that no one would purchase on their own - they are all ground up and put into your `Ground Beef`

Ever remember eating ground beef either in burger or other format and finding little pieces of hard crunchy stuff? Wonder what that is?

Most likely tendon or cartilage...possibly some other hidden surprises as well.

The reason why I dont eat it, is because you have no clue what is in it! (or you do, and simply do not want to think about it).

oh no not random animal parts! disgusting! :rolleyes:

I'll agree with you that grinding your own meat makes for a better quality and safer burger but to say random animal parts are disgusting is just stupid

Back