Isiah Thomas is such a joke...

Magus

Veteran XX
not only is he racist, but he's also a complete moron in pretty much everything he does.

his post-game press conference was such a disgrace. how does he continue to get hired?

this is the moment that Dolan could save face and just say, ya know what i'm a terrible owner but enough is enough, just get the hell out of town please... move far far away and never set foot in the Garden again.

thank god we have the Mets!

then again my Sonics aren't in that much better of a situation than the Knicks, but at least they have young talent...

Last edited:
That totally akward laugh made me cringe. :(

Definitely...it was just so unbelievable to watch that press conference, I couldn't believe it. He's treading on pretty thin ice as it is, but if it comes to light that he "ordered the hit" on the flagrant foul to Smith, I think we've seen the last of Zeke in the Knicks front office / sideline.

dude... youre on some crack or somethin
brown people cant be racist
only the white, heterosexual male can be a racist

Isiah Thomas threatened to assault Bill Simmons because Simmons constantly makes fun of him. I'd honestly be surprised to hear that Thomas definitely didn't order the hit on Smith.

I don't expect athletes to completely conform because they tend to come from a different culture than the people who are coaching/paying/watching them and it simply isn't fair or realistic to expect them to act that way.

Isaih grew up rough, that is just who he is and as a player I was fine with that but as an executive of a franchise that type of attitude and lack of professionalism just isn't acceptable.

Much like hockey I don't know how seriously you can freak out about a fight but you can definitely attempt to change the culture a little bit and punish the coaches that attempt to propogate the violent culture.

I don't expect athletes to completely conform because they tend to come from a different culture than the people who are coaching/paying/watching them and it simply isn't fair or realistic to expect them to act that way.

Isaih grew up rough, that is just who he is and as a player I was fine with that but as an executive of a franchise that type of attitude and lack of professionalism just isn't acceptable.

Much like hockey I don't know how seriously you can freak out about a fight but you can definitely attempt to change the culture a little bit and punish the coaches that attempt to propogate the violent culture.
Hockey is a sport in which hard hitting is the nature of the game. The NBA is supposed to be fairly hands off with minimal physical altercations. Fighting is absolutely unacceptable in the NBA and should be treated as such. NBA players need to understand that they are getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball and not to fight with the opposing team over a hard foul.

it's not just that though... Isiah isn't in any way successful at what he does... he's not a good coach, gm, or mentor. he fails in every job he's had since he retired.

failed with the raptors, big time. failed with the CBA on the such a level that it's hard to imagine he ever got hired to do anything else ever... pacers he was decent but really never was that great.

with the Knicks it's just hard to watch.

Hockey is a sport in which hard hitting is the nature of the game. The NBA is supposed to be fairly hands off with minimal physical altercations. Fighting is absolutely unacceptable in the NBA and should be treated as such. NBA players need to understand that they are getting paid millions of dollars to play basketball and not to fight with the opposing team over a hard foul.

Anyone who has played basketball, even recreationally, knows that bastketball is one of the most difficult sports in which to avoid fighting, specifically for the reason that contact is against the rules but that it happens anyways.

If someone tackles you in football it is a good play. If someone tackles you in basketball it hurts like hell and you come up throwing punches.

it's not just that though... Isiah isn't in any way successful at what he does... he's not a good coach, gm, or mentor. he fails in every job he's had since he retired.

failed with the raptors, big time. failed with the CBA on the such a level that it's hard to imagine he ever got hired to do anything else ever... pacers he was decent but really never was that great.

with the Knicks it's just hard to watch.

No doubt. Isaih totally sucks as a coach and as a GM. I don't blame Knicks fans for totally despising him. Anyone with a brain predicted how bad he would suck when he first went to New York. I have no clue why it has taken so long for him to finally be on the hot seat.

The one thing that Isaih has been decent at, at times, is identifying talent.

Camby (his injury history wasn't really predictable when he was drafted) and a few other ok picks in Toronto and Frye in New York were good picks.

Not saying he is great, just that he has made a few good (though unpopular) picks in his career as a GM.

Anyone who has played basketball, even recreationally, knows that bastketball is one of the most difficult sports in which to avoid fighting, specifically for the reason that contact is against the rules but that it happens anyways.

If someone tackles you in football it is a good play. If someone tackles you in basketball it hurts like hell and you come up throwing punches.
My god, you mean players might actually have to have self control?! Jeez, what a ridiculous concept for people who make millions of dollars every year.

My god, you mean players might actually have to have self control?! Jeez, what a ridiculous concept for people who make millions of dollars every year.

If someone threatened your livelihood with a violent attack would you be apologetic for doing whatever you deemed necessary to defend yourself?

Basketball is a sport that results in a lot of situations were it is very easy to lose one's temper. It may be unpleasant when it happens but it is inevitable.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is obviously out of touch with reality (i.e. rich, white, old and/or a female).

If someone threatened your livelihood with a violent attack would you be apologetic for doing whatever you deemed necessary to defend yourself?

Basketball is a sport that results in a lot of situations were it is very easy to lose one's temper. It may be unpleasant when it happens but it is inevitable.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is obviously out of touch with reality (i.e. rich, white, old and/or a female).
For one thing, the flagrant foul wasn't exactly what I would call "threatening someone's livelihood," and thus everything that occured after that was needless bullshit. I played football in high school, so I know its really easy to let tempers flare when you get fouled, or held, or you think some bullshit happened. But, in order to be a professional athlete, the players need to understand that it not only hurts their reputation as players but it also hurts the public perception of the NBA.

Oh, and that was a beautiful overarching generalization at the end of your post. Not everyone wants to see people fighting on the basketball court over a foul that wasn't even that bad. Sure, he fouled him hard and pretty much took him down, but that doesn't give a player the right to escalate the situation. And it definitely doesn't give someone the right to sucker punch another player in the face.

For one thing, the flagrant foul wasn't exactly what I would call "threatening someone's livelihood," and thus everything that occured after that was needless bullshit. I played football in high school, so I know its really easy to let tempers flare when you get fouled, or held, or you think some bullshit happened. But, in order to be a professional athlete, the players need to understand that it not only hurts their reputation as players but it also hurts the public perception of the NBA.

Oh, and that was a beautiful overarching generalization at the end of your post. Not everyone wants to see people fighting on the basketball court over a foul that wasn't even that bad. Sure, he fouled him hard and pretty much took him down, but that doesn't give a player the right to escalate the situation. And it definitely doesn't give someone the right to sucker punch another player in the face.

There isn't really any way to predict when a fluke impact will seriously injury someone but getting tackled by the kneck while running and jumping at full speed would certainly be enough to make some people feel threatened/attacked/etc.

I am not sure what happened with Nate Robinson and Carmelo losing their tempers and throwing punches. I agree with you that losing their tempers were not the practical or wise things to do but unlike you I refuse to judge them as thugs or bad people because of it.

Once a situation like that develops there is so much adrenaline flowing and so many things going on that there is no way to make well-informed, calm decisions.

People in those situations have to rely on their instincts and the best judgement that they have at the time and anyone who is not in the same situation doesn't really have a right to judge them too harshly for those decisions, assuming the decisions were made to the best of their ability.

It is real easy to make judgements from the sofa while watching Sportscenter but with the possible exception of Mardy Collins and Isaih, none of these altercations were pre-meditated. They were actions taken in the heat of the moment by people who felt compelled (for reasons of self-defense, defending teammates, not showing fear, or other reasons) to make the choices that they made.

Put yourself in their shoes before you judge them, that is all that I ask.

I'm 6'5 and have played basketball my entire life at the highest level (high school varsity) and have never been in a b-ball fight.

Back