Is it worth upgrading yet?

Fatman

Veteran XX
Bought this a couple years ago:

Silverstone ST1000-P power supply (considered going sli at one point but haven't)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Intel Core i5-2500K
ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Motherboard
HyperX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Geforce GTX 670
256 SSD
1 TB Data drive
24" samsung lcd.

Worth upgrading to new stuff yet?

Last edited:
maybe worth upgrading graphics card. I'd wait a bit unless there's something you want to play now.

Seems like there's lots of good games in the pipeline but probably won't be out until the end of the year or sometime next year.

Wait for GTA5, see if your computer will play it, then upgrade. If you're rendering videos in Sony Vegas or similar, then you could upgrade now. If you only upgrade the GPU, then you don't have to do a reformat. If you upgrade the MB, Memory, and CPU, then you'll be installing windows 8.1 from scratch, then making it behave like windows 7 by installing classic shell.

Wait for GTA5, see if your computer will play it, then upgrade. If you're rendering videos in Sony Vegas or similar, then you could upgrade now. If you only upgrade the GPU, then you don't have to do a reformat. If you upgrade the MB, Memory, and CPU, then you'll be installing windows 8.1 from scratch, then making it behave like windows 7 by installing classic shell.

Yeah, because Classic Shell is required, obviously.

I recently bought a GTX 970 and i'm pretty satisfied with it. The rest of my pc is like six years old (i7 quadcore, 16 GB ram, 2 SSD drives), but everything still works like a charm. :)

I'd say hold out on updating the hardware except for maybe the video card if needed. Then buy a whole new PC in a few years.

that i5 2500k can be upgraded pretty well by buying a $60 Cossair H60 liquid cooling and overclocking. then your set for a while on cpu.

my i7 2700k was starting to fall behind other CPUs, so i added liquid cooling and overclocked to 4.8Ghz stable and it boosted my FPS in games quite a bit.

I have same system well similar mobo slightly better processor

AROCK z77 extreme 4
Inter Core i5 3570k
Samsung SSD 840 Evo 250 GB
Western Digital Blue/Black 1 TB
16 GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti

For you'd overclock 2500K its a beast, get the cheap corsair water cooler like bong said

replace your graphics card if you plan to play GTA5 or game newer games otherwise even that doesn't need upgrading

short answer just tune it up

My video card needs to be upgraded for GTA 5 thats about all I plan to do.

ne 1 have video card recomendation 4 my system i plan to spend 150$ or such shit to play GTA5 or maybe ~200-250 it is good value and would last longer i wont spend more than 250 tho i never fucking game

edit: also i prefer nvidia but id do ATI/amd if it was good value u kno ty

Last edited:
dang my sys is v similar except different mobo and my evo is only 120 but i have 7TB hard drives (4+2+1)

and my i5 is 3450

but still pretty close

i think our 560Ti's should b able 2 handle GTA5 but we'll see i guess :p

i think its on low end of spectrum ... but it will be able to run it

if you get GTA 5 let me know bro i dont feel like dropping $150-200 for one game

yeah our system was obvious best value buy for that time and its basically bullet proof no real reason to upgrade anything besides graphics card 3 years later! i spent $750 at most

i think the only parts i bought were my hard drives

mobo/cpu/ram (and OS) were from from an office that flooded and had a few brand new systems still in box in the basement that got insurance claimed

vidcard blackpeople sent me :)heart: val)

evo rootb33r sent me :)heart: root)

Every 4-5 years I buy a new Alienware. No one wants to get into all this hardware stuff and read benchmark reports made by autistic people.

Every 4-5 years I buy a new Alienware. No one wants to get into all this hardware stuff and read benchmark reports made by autistic people.

lol ur one of the dumbest posters here and work in a glorified call center

gg researching parts takes an hour at most

also alienware is butt ugly and looks like shit as well as being over priced 400-500$ AT LEAST

I have an i7 2600k, 16gb ram, 256gb ssd, and gtx 560ti but I don't want to pay for GTA5 on PC if it runs like shit :\

Back