is it worth upgrading the tremolo on my jackson?

Mr. Hated

Veteran XX
i own a jackson rx10d it has a jackson tremolo bridge. its decent no real complaints with it other than i seem to tune the b string more than the others. i was thinking of upgrading to an original floyd rose. what do you guys think?

iv already put emgs so i might aswell spice it up a bit more right? i got the guitar in a trade with a fucked up schecter revenger. i got the emgs for 50$

Do it. Did it with my Jackson... big improvement.

dtuna1.jpg

dtuna2.jpg

Last edited:
If it's only the B string giving you trouble, why not take a look at the nut slot and the saddle?

And a D-tuna has its own block/spring...the rest of the strings are unaffected when you drop it.

oh you got the dtuna i want that too. what do you use to block the trem when you drop the tuning?
I ended up taking the dtuna off, wasn't for me. It's a bit of a pain to setup and use, and I did block the trem (small block of wood) when it was installed because it wasn't perfect, so it kind of defeats the purpose of a floating trem. Not a big deal for some, but you'd have to be switching from standard to dropped-d tuning a lot for this to be worth it imo. I'd rather just have more guitars :)

Back