Is it possible for LCDs to hurt your eyes?

My eyes did get watery and sore when I first got my LCD. I've been using it almost everyday since I bought it, about 6 months ago, and I definitely think it is better than my old CRT.

It might take a few days for you to get accustomed to the display. I found mine a bit too bright at first, but I've played around in the contrast and brightness stuff and got it right now.

Spadeon9 said:
What brand/model XTasy?

Sorry, I didn't get to go back to this post earlier:

the model is an SDM-HX73/S

B0000DANCU.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

As for Vlasic's query: Yes I do use the native resolution (1280x1024)

Dot pitch: .264mm
Contrast ratio: 500:1
Glass surface: anti-glare
Horizontal viewing angle: 140 degrees
Vertical viewing angle: 160 degrees
Response time: 16ms
Brightness: 400 nits
Input signals: Digital, Analog
Input connector/cable: Digital (DVI-D); Analog (HD15) x2
Maximum non-interlaced resolution: 1280 x 1024
Horizontal frequency: 28k - 80 kHz
Vertical frequency: 48 - 75 Hz

Xplo said:
Being bathed in photons isn't really all that different from being bathed in photons. :shrug:
Mmmmmmkay? :hrm:

I've had this monitor for about 3 months now & it has actually been easier on my eyes than a CRT. The image below is of the newest model's frame. Mine has last year's frame style which has a flat, square base.
320-2876.jpg

DELL - UltraSharp 1801FP 18-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand
18.1-inch, LCD, TFT, Midnight Gray, 1280x1024 Pixels, 0.294 mm Pixel Pitch, Anti-glare, Hard Coating, 15-pin D-Sub / DVI-D / USB 2.0 Input Connectors, 100 mm VESA Compliant

Utilizing an Active Matrix TFT LCD, the Dell™ UltraSharp™ 1801FP Flat Panel displays vibrant colors, smooth images and crisp text with a maximum resolution of up to 1280x1024 pixels. It provides premium contrast ratios for sharp and pure colors, and fast response times to run games and full motion video. The monitor features analog as well as digital (DVI) capability, ensuring great focus and high signal integrity to maximize the performance of the display. It also features four USB 2.0 ports; two located at the side of the panel for easy attachment/detachment of peripherals and two located at the base for keyboards and mice. The display panel tilts 20° backwards and 5° forward as well as 45° to the left and right, giving you the flexibility to position the screen according to your comfort level. And with the 5.11" height adjustment stand, users get the advantage of adjusting the panel to their preferred level for minimizing discomfort and reducing eye and neck fatigue. Simple yet efficient on-screen controls enable users to customize this flat panel display to their needs.
Here...

Found an IMG of what mine looks like
dell_18_lcd.jpg

Back