is interpolate observable thru demo? poll inside, wat do u think?

is interpolate observable?

• Total voters
2g00d in a previous thread many moons ago you said you could tell someone was terping by how much the chaingun registered.

i am glad u have cum 2 ur census :)

also rtcll stated a couple of days ago that interpolate and pft doesnt help and is personal preference when i pointed out he improved significantly after 1.40 and then he started raging, etc. so mayb u shuld talk 2 him 2g00d

first person i have ever heard say interpolate doesnt help.

do u c ur wrong ways now meph?

hueheuh i have never denied that netset is client specific and is not tangible proof if observed from a demo

so let me amend my statement

if you gave me 10 mystery configs. 5 with terp=0, 5 with terp=64, i would guess them correctly 10/10 :)

and using my exceptional powers of deduction, i think i could guess whether someone was using terp=0 from a demo with greater than 50% accuracy, so, better than random chance.

in fact, i actually thought a lot less ppl cheated at this game before i see $happymod:prefs in plenty of config :D

ppl whine about netset, and play with modders everyday

hmmhmm

<3 u big snow

hueheuh i have never denied that netset is client specific and is not tangible proof if observed from a demo

so let me amend my statement

if you gave me 10 mystery configs. 5 with terp=0, 5 with terp=64, i would guess them correctly 10/10 :)

<3 u big snow

meph u doofus u realize there is no way 2 prove that u were rite and there is no way 4 someone else 2 prove u were incorrect

u can definitely tell mouse sensitivty from demo u kno

and basics of dpi generally

4 example anyone that watches afireinasa demo knows this guy is playing a twitch shooter when tribes is disc golf

so someone is being chased - they are moving fast - and then they beacon jump straight up.

one of the chasers nails the beacon jumper with a midair.

comments on this scenario from those that believe interpolate cannot be deduced from demo?

I'm starting to think meph is dare's "silent killer"

i dont even know what that means, I AM NOT HYPERTENSION OR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ETC DAMN U STORK

also the pugs of midair looked ok but it looked like backcapping straight forward routes and a lot of cg being stronger than disc. also sitting on hills with rail guns? ( gross ) the HO seemed kind've underpowered but able to move p fast?

ma'ing seemed a bit easier / less lead than t1, but thats just judging by mavi's pov ( mavi good aim so might just be him being big boss ) but it would be cool if MA's did like 110% normal disc damage or something, like something to really sell the NAMESAKE FEELING of hitting an MA, idk

game looks a little too bubble gummy to me, wish is what a bit darker and grittier a la children of phoenix trying to murder starwolves over territory etc; maybe with plenty of patching it can be both the casual random matchmaking base game as well as having the right infrastructure for 5v5 dedicated server OGL type ish ... maybe

idk why this devolved into talking about midair game

im just bored and sad it is not allowed to have a Vchat

what is the point if i cannot spam amazing instruction like "clear the mines, get the enemy flag, regroup, objective complete, acknowledge, KOBE BRYANT FROM THE LAKWERS NOW THATS PAPER

addendum: there are still like 6-7 .oggs that i think only dare and i have and i miss spamming them to an audience :(

also groove is probably going to have IFFS and giant flags before game is even released :)ChewbaccaChewbacca

so someone is being chased - they are moving fast - and then they beacon jump straight up.

one of the chasers nails the beacon jumper with a midair.

comments on this scenario from those that believe interpolate cannot be deduced from demo?

bugs you are smarter than me

are you saying you think netset variables can be deduced via speed / beaconstops? this is interesting can you elaborate?

i'm genuinely interested

<3,
george costanza

dare u r an idiot 4 voting yes. i am gonna kill ur granddad

opsayo give a long-winded and very poor comparison while gr00ve's post rite b4 his is like 2 sentences and much better analogy as 2 wat u can infer from such information like demos etc

i am still winning this poll i am king :)

~~god bless~~

i remember watching old demos and that shit was jerky and hard to watch, i toyed with interpolate but i never used pft and nobody has answered my q about netset

i think it was more mouse sense than fucking with interp etc

there are a few cases that are pretty much smoking guns to whether or not someone is using prediction.

like if they move their cursor to check the hp of someone but their cursor stops ahead of the player and doesn't actually hover over them, or in another case if someone approaches a corner but doesn't go past it, and the player sees their model predict past the corner and they prefire. or if you have any common sense at all, watch a demo of someone playing with 200+ ping using 1.40.

the lower people's pings are and the better their natural aim and lead is, the more of a gray area it becomes.

it's really not a debate at all about whether or not it is possible. it's just more of a question on a demo by demo basis once you start falling into that gray area.

Last edited:
you can tell if a chaser if trying to check the HP of a capper?

that is truly amazing, you have a special gift, hyung. i have seen silverstone play from obs mode a while ago and there is absolutely no difference in watching him and how a hpb with terp=64 would aim, but i am curious so i will watch him play again and check for differences. there aren't many 200 pingers left.

the second point is interesting indeed, have you tested this with players from both perspectives demoing and testing this specifically?? i wuld like to see that 4 tribes science purposes.

it sounds like u mite have a demo of a 200 pinger on 1.40, post it here rite quick and we can analyze

Last edited:
2g00d in a previous thread many moons ago you said you could tell someone was terping by how much the chaingun registered.

i am glad u have cum 2 ur census :)

also rtcll stated a couple of days ago that interpolate and pft doesnt help and is personal preference when i pointed out he improved significantly after 1.40 and then he started raging, etc. so mayb u shuld talk 2 him 2g00d

first person i have ever heard say interpolate doesnt help.

do u c ur wrong ways now meph?

maybe i say something like you can tell because anyone who can cg very well most definitely has terp

but it is not "observable" per se

just obvious that when you are cging dudes from full health to nothing in a couple of secs it is safe to assume

u kno?

anyway snow is a cheater etc

so 2g00d r u saying it is impossible to chaingun at a very high accuracy without the help of interpolate??? this is v. nonsensical pls read gr00ves post on previous page.

next thread i gonna make is what is the average iq of posters on this website holy fuk

dare is skum

not impossible snow

but this next statement is 100% true in meph opinion:

SNOW would cg better at interp=0 than interp=64 being that SNOW'S SKILL is the control variable

we can test this if u want snow

meph r u trying to fuckin say that netset makes people aim better mechanically OR their aim better because where they are aiming is actually where they should be aiming due 2 netset?

Back