Is anyone using 802.11N ?

Moker

The Poker++
Veteran X
just curious if you see a big difference from g

i'm debating picking up a N router, what brand do you have?

dont yet
They all, so far from what ive heard, really really shitty

They dont work well with other brands of N, work worse with G, and even with their own routers and PC cards, they dont work well

Im not shelling out near 200 bucks to get a setup until they get their act together

problem is the N speeds are really just theoretically. So normally you might only get 70% of that, plus apparently they are having problems with signal strength and consistancy, thus u can have 70% for 3 seconds and it skips for 1 sec

lol, I'll use an rj-45 cable if I need more then 24Mbps. I don't see the point when my ISP is currently offering 6meg =) But thanks son.

I found something that's soooo much better than 802.11n...

CC711-RD_LR.jpg

The N technology is not to the point that the price for said equipment is worth it. Save your money for now and give them a chance to improve the new transmission speed and quality.

I bought a Belkin N router and N card and was getting the same speed connection I get on my G router. I took both back.

Even with both the laptop and router inches from eachother, it wouldn't go over 54mbps, which is what G gets. So what's the point?

Back