iphone and business [lol turn it sidewayz lol]

So, after hating on the iPhone for years for the simple fact that you couldn't cut and paste as well as not being able to go into landscape mode while typing e-mails, it looks like they fixed both issues with the newest GS model.

I'm sick of my Curve on Sprint, out of contract, and want something new. I can upgrade to the Tour, but I dont know if I want another BlackBerry.

The reason I'm thinking an iPhone is that I'm sick of carrying around my iPod Touch AND my phone, and I use my Touch daily at the gym to listen to music and watch movies, which is far superior than just my Curve.

Note: I'm currently on the SERO plan + BB plan so it's only $65 a month after taxes and fees. My company pays $60 of it, so it's a pretty good deal. I do enough e-mails on my phone to make me concerned of the no keyboard aspect, but I dont really have any issues typing on my iPod Touch.

Does anyone here with an iPhone have any issues with using it in business?

Obligatory: there's an app for that, turn is sideways, sandpaper, bony knees, etc.

I have it hooked up to exchange and get work e-mails, calendar updates, and directory access with no problems whatsoever. If you are already using an iPod Touch, then you should pretty much know exactly what you are getting.

Put music on your blackberry? No need to carry it AND the ipod.

I also watch videos. Either movies or TV shows I've ripped from my DVDs with Handbrake. Makes running and bicycling fly by, rather than just listening to music. The BlackBerry sucks for watching movies.

I have been thoroughly disappointed with blackberry's media player.

Exactly, hence my likely decision to go to the iPhone. I want to like and love the BlackBerry, but besides BBM and a physical keyboard, there's nothing to pull me in.

iphone still doesn't have AVRCP which means you have to manually control your music selection (FF/Pause/RW) if you use a stereo bluetooth headset.

If it had AVRCP like MANY other phones, you can just leave your phone in your bag and not have a phone in the way while working equipment.

You also can't initiate or answer calls from BT on an iphone either.

you pretty must described my situation & thought process while trying to decide whether to get an iPhone. i got one about a month ago and am loving it.

definitely a big plus is carrying around just 1 device for everything instead of an iTouch AND another smart phone, plus it works really well when it comes to emails/calendar/etc

Thanks guys for the input. I might just get one sometime next week, sell off my iTouch or give it to my brother.

I just hate carrying around two things. I wish the BB Storm didn't suck so much asshole.

valwk: thanks for your input as well, but bluetooth and headphones wont be a concern. I have my old fashion corded ones to plug in which I love.

Thanks again.

thanks for your input as well, but bluetooth and headphones wont be a concern. I have my old fashion corded ones to plug in which I love.

I love people who are old school with new technology.

I jammed out to music over BT today while raking leaves, answered a few calls , paused it a few times when my wife decided she wanted to talk to me when I was giving her the 'i'm busy, leave me alone' face and never took my phone out of my pocket.

I'm telling you, it's the future...and the future is now.

So, after hating on the iPhone for years for the simple fact that you couldn't cut and paste as well as not being able to go into landscape mode while typing e-mails, it looks like they fixed both issues with the newest GS model.

no issues here. and not that it really matters, but the 3GS model isn't what fixed those issues. OS 3.0 for it did. So you can copy/paste and landscape email just fine on a 3G.

If I could figure out a free way to sync my iphone with Lotus Notes, I would be using it for work, but it needs to be something I do not have to bug my admin with since he is anti-whatever-you-need...

Back