iOS 5.0.1 released

the OTA update through settings is 44mb instead of the bizzare 700+ the itunes update requires. I also updated w/o issue

Last edited:
can i jailbreak it yet

yeah, but only tethered. I have a feeling the devs behind most of the jailbreaks were waiting for the first iOS patch to be released so that they wouldn't blow one of their vulnerabilities yet.

DYING for the untethered, too.

"But does it do flash?" :rofl:

Best part about this one is that ... well ... none of the mobiles will be doing flash shorly, Adobe has cancelled development of Flash for Mobile (and TV) and concentrating on HTML5.

:rofl:

yeah, but only tethered. I have a feeling the devs behind most of the jailbreaks were waiting for the first iOS patch to be released so that they wouldn't blow one of their vulnerabilities yet.

DYING for the untethered, too.

Exactly. Which is why if you're on 5.0 you really, really shouldn't update. Dev team has already posted that the exploit they're using is a fairly simple one, so it could get blocked by Apple kinda quickly. So updating is a really bad idea right now if you want to jailbreak in the near future.

Doesn't seem too impressive. In fact, it may have made my battery life worse. Will see tomorrow after a full charge.

Best part about this one is that ... well ... none of the mobiles will be doing flash shorly, Adobe has cancelled development of Flash for Mobile (and TV) and concentrating on HTML5.

:rofl:

thank god. flash is a piece of crap on android.

Back