integra question

phisher|sm

Veteran X
I just bought an Integra and im lookin to give it some more power, i dont want to rice it out or anything i just want to make it faster, someone told me a while ago that you can remove something in the engine that there are two of to give it more horsepower right away, it been a while since i heard that so I've forgotten what it was and wanted to know if anyone else had heard it, also if anyone has any other ideas for the car please let me know

its a '94 LS

remove the OEM catalytic bypass filter and replace it with an aftermarket high-flow converter

Isn't the 94 LS that el-cheapo non-vtec non-anything model? Might as well just swap engines to a GSR and do the usual Honda shit.

I drive a 99 Integra LS myself, I'm guessing yours is the non-vtec model, same as mine.

Good news, bad news.

Bad news is, to make a LS fast, you are going to need forced induction, ie: turbo.

Good news is, out of all the Integra models the LS is the BEST for forced induction because of low compression and no vtec.

So far all I have on my LS is a CAI (performance wise).

Pictures of my car: Click Here

Psychosis said:
Oh dear.

www.honda-acura.net

integra forums.

AEM CAI, type R or aftermarket throttle body, DC header, a good cat-back system. Start w/ that stuff.

So thats what, 10 horsepower at the wheels? Don't waste your money unless you're going TURBO!!!!!

I watched one of those "tuner" shows where they put $2500 into an integra (intake, exhaust, filter, cold air intake) to produce a massive 15 hp at the wheels

amRam said:
So thats what, 10 horsepower at the wheels? Don't waste your money unless you're going TURBO!!!!!

Hes right, I think the highest someone has gotten with LS NA (No LS/VTEC) was 160whp, or maybe that was with a VTEC conversion.

If you want to break the 200hp mark, FI only route.

amRam said:
Verm you need to lower that car asap.

Tell me about it :(

Won't have springs on order till either next friday, or two weeks from next friday depending how my paycheck comes out. I'm going with Tenzo 2.25" drops all around.

In other news however, I have a wings west lip kit and ITR wing on order, but they won't be in for another month, so I should get springs and everything by that time.

Edit: Lucky bastard, the SSBP Tegs are rare as shit!

amRam said:

He wanted some ideas and doesn't exactly sound like he knows a whole lot about cars. Not everybody is going to run out and "go TURBO". The things I mentioned are a hell of alot easier to install and are cheaper. ONO HE WON'T HAVE BOOST!!!1

Psychosis said:
He wanted some ideas and doesn't exactly sound like he knows a whole lot about cars. Not everybody is going to run out and "go TURBO". The things I mentioned are a hell of alot easier to install and are cheaper. ONO HE WON'T HAVE BOOST!!!1

Well Im hoping he can realize early on that it'll be a colossal waste of money if he does the usual i/h/e mods because there's no power to be made there. Go big or go home.

Back