[Insurance] So i got in a wreck PART 2

I'm sure the frame is fine. That isn't that bad as it looks. Here is my opinion on what you should do. Since you got the door off the junkyard, you have one step narrowed down. However, your rear quarter will have to have body work done if you don't plan on replacing the whole panel. You're going to have to knock it down then depending on how it looks, you might have to do some hammer+dolly work then a thin layer of filler, or just filler if it's not too bad. For the door, I'm 99% sure you're going to have to have some small filler work done unless you can live with small dings everywhere, and it's very noticable after it's painted.

BTW, if you live in Norcal/Bay Area, I can do the body work for you at no charge. The paint is only going to look as good as the prep work. Also, you're car uses a metallic paint...it's a bit harder to color match. However, if you have everything prepped, 1500 should be more then enough to get the quarter/door painted and matched.

EDIT: Oh btw, if you plan to get the whole car repainted professionally with good automotive paint (HOK, PPG, Dupont, etc), you'll be dreaming if you think you can do it with 1500. A good shop would charge 3000 just to do the exterior.

Last edited:
Ok it's been forever since this was posted but i dont have interweb in my apartment.

Never had a load, paid in cash in beginning.
Frame is fine, drives straight, only a 10mph collission, she hit RIGHT above the door.

For people saying it's going to cost more than 1,600 to fix...what the fuck? The only bodywork that i am going to PAY to get done (IE not do myself) is that rear dent, which isn't that bad. I firmly belive 1,600 is more than enough.

Painting is my main concern, i want to get my whole car done since my front end is peeling clearcoat, however i think i have that part covered. Local school does excellent work for the price of paint.

I live on the east coast, but thanks for the offer Nessal.

Anyone know of a general estimate for the rear dent....i know it's part of the car/body and isn't a panel that can just be replaced but its not crumpled, just a lil dent.

I think i did alright...to those who say 1,500 isn't enough to bondo that panel then :-/...

Thanks. The door should be no problem, i can bondo the little dents that i aleady had from some asshole throwing a coffee mug out the window a while back (on F-R Q-panel) and sand and prettify the F-R Q-Panel so it would be ready to paint.

This is my baby, i fucking love these cars and im going to get it all done the way i want, i will take my time with it.

Back