Inline Hockey Skates Recommendations

OtisPAB

Veteran X
I currently have Missions but they're about ready to fall apart. I have kind of narrow feet and the Missions never fit quite right, but they were okay. Before this I had Bauer H5's which I loved but that was well before Nike bought them (I think). Looking to spend $200 or less. Suggestions?

i havent bought inline skates in like 3 years.

last i had were nikes and were pretty good and comfy, and i have narrow feet as well :shrug:

If I wanted a good pair of inline skates, I'd probably use an ice boot with an inline chassis. I've never felt the quality of inline boots could compare with the ice boots.

Bauers suck since the takeover, according to what I heard from a teammate.

I have old mission skates but I would definitely shop around if I were looking for new skates. They're pretty narrow.

If I wanted a good pair of inline skates, I'd probably use an ice boot with an inline chassis. I've never felt the quality of inline boots could compare with the ice boots.

interesting. I don't particularly like the way my ice skates pinch in the achilles area. :shrug: Anyhow, I don't have any gripes about the durability of my missions.

I have old mission skates but I would definitely shop around if I were looking for new skates. They're pretty narrow.

I wish I could shop around. San Antonio is hockey hell and I don't even know where I can get gloves in town. Academy Sports has maybe 2 pairs of cheap rbk hockey skates. I'm going to have to take my chances on the internet and eat the shipping if things don't work out.

Rbk's run pretty wide, at least in ice.

Look into a good pair of Grafs that you can mount a chassis to...the best boots around and they literally have one for every foot type. I couldn't try a pair on and I ended up lucking out when my 705s came in, they fit perfectly.

Rbk's run pretty wide, at least in ice.

Look into a good pair of Grafs that you can mount a chassis to...the best boots around and they literally have one for every foot type. I couldn't try a pair on and I ended up lucking out when my 705s came in, they fit perfectly.

I've heard good things about graf, but I would assume that boot + chassis +wheels +bearings would push me well over my spending limit.

Not on ice they don't.

Bauers have probably the best skates on the market right now.

honestly I came in here to say mission

back when I played roller hockey they were the only skate id get

I have some old ones (size 9ish) I never used because my feet were growing too fast.. im now a size 14

are you size 9? sell em :)

interesting. I don't particularly like the way my ice skates pinch in the achilles area. :shrug: Anyhow, I don't have any gripes about the durability of my missions.

Sounds like a fitting problem.

Ice skates will fit snugger, but they shouldn't hurt. A good ice skate should fit damn near like a sock.

fruit.jpg

Ranger-Boot-LR-L028-.jpg

:rofl:

I've heard good things about graf, but I would assume that boot + chassis +wheels +bearings would push me well over my spending limit.

Almost certainly. GRAF's are expensive. Ice skates, in general, are pricey. A good GRAF skate will run you at least $400, and their newer carbon fiber models run even higher than that.

GRAF's have the best lifespan, though. At least, the leather boots do. I'm not sure about their newer carbon fiber models. Most skates, depending on how often you skate and how much you get out of the skate (better skating ability = more pressure and wear on the skate), can last you about 2-3 years. After that, the carbon fiber starts to really break down. The leather boots that GRAF use have a much longer lifespan. Leather holds up better, but it lacks the light weight, performance, and stiffness of the carbon fiber.

honestly I came in here to say mission

back when I played roller hockey they were the only skate id get

I have some old ones (size 9ish) I never used because my feet were growing too fast.. im now a size 14

are you size 9? sell em :)

Nope, I wear 13's!

Sounds like a fitting problem.

Ice skates will fit snugger, but they shouldn't hurt. A good ice skate should fit damn near like a sock.

My ice skates don't really hurt they just feel weird... maybe pinch was the wrong word. Growing up on inlines (no ice available when i started) I guess I just got used to how they fit.

aw too bad

I still have em, just dug em out of my closet, they're pretty clean! I just put em up on criagslist for 20 bucks, we'll see how that goes

Yeah, I know that it's not true for ice. I have Vapor XXV ice skates.

I haven't played roller in years, so I'm not sure about Bauer on roller. I used to go with Missions for roller. They seemed to be the best. Certainly, they put more effort into roller than the other big companies did.

I'd probably want an ice boot if I went back to roller at any time. Ice boots are just better. Period.

Last I played, mission had boots that you could bake in the oven then form them to your feet, maybe yours didn't fit properly because you had the wrong size or cheaper models or something

Back