I'm trying to play freespace 2 and can't find my playstation 2 -> usb adapter :(

only controller I have here is the steel battalion one which is a behemoth

I guess i'll be buying a wireless 360 or ps3 controller once I get back next week :(

only controller I have here is the steel battalion one which is a behemoth

I guess i'll be buying a wireless 360 or ps3 controller once I get back next week :(

No, idiot. The game was meant to be played with a joystick.

Also, check out Freespace Source Code Project - Installer

It's a community effort to make all the graphics and effects better and they really did a nice job. It also comes with some of the best user created campaigns, some of which are better than the regular game.

To use the updated shit, just go to that link and download the installer then it will download/install the whole game and everything automatically for you.

Wtf? Mouse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gamepad, in terms of freespace. You need to be able to fling the mouse across your desk to do super-fast turns in whatever direction you need to kill those Shivan bastards.

This is my first time installing FS2 on this computer but I've played it a lot with and without FSOpen. Anyone trying it out definitely needs to give it a looksee as everything is streamlined now.

I really enjoy the way the PS controller works with this game in particular since the game is so similar (although much better) than Colony Wars on the ps1. Of course, I still had to use a few keyboard shortcuts (if I remember correctly, 'select bomber' and 'select attacker' came up a lot but not enough to bind to the controller itself)

Back