I'm officially hyped about T:V.

Dalmar

Veteran X
I think yesterday after watching a few more WOFN videos from E3 and/or what not. I've officially felt that burning sensation of excitement that I once had for Tribes2's release (which I rarely have for any other game).

The only game that has given me that sense of joy since Tribes2's hype for release is definitely: Tribes Vengeance. I have so much hope for this game that its converging to a point of desperation, to breathe life back into a series I've so deeply loved for the last 6 years, yet only to see it sustain an underdog appreciation by gamers throughout the entire gaming industry.

My personal dream for T:V is that it royally kicks major f*cking ass! I want nothing more than Tribes to come back from the dead and ignite the entire series to where people can't wait to come home from work just to play it! I'm talking about it being above and beyond what we all had expected and then some! I'm talking about the sheer explosion in the community where I won't have a problem finding a decent server anymore. I'm talking about a game with a fanbase larger than before, a game where people appreciate Tribes for what its worth!!

Tribes has been (as sad as it sounds) a very large part of my life; since the first time I layed my hands upon my keyboard to jetpack to the point where I can't find a g'damn [base] server in T2 anymore. The downfall of Tribes as a whole has really depressed me when I think about it. I'm frustrated with the abandonment of T2 and how people so freely bash it, when (with the patches of course) the game is frankly at its best now and really is fun to play.

With T:V on the horizon my faith has been regained for the series and I only pray that T:V will bring Tribes back to the level of respect it so fully deserves. The underdog that never recieved the credit for being the first, the underdog which transpired so many other games to become what they are today. I love Tribes and if T:V succeeds in becoming as good of a game as I dream about it being... then I will die a happy happy man.

Irrational, I have very much faith in all of you and from what I've seen and heard about T:V so far has gotten me to really appreciate you all for the time you've put into T:V. Thank you. With the previous titles of those you've worked on to the sheer excellence of the team behind the magic, I would have NO OTHER dev team work on the next installment of Tribes aside from you... I have no doubt that T:V will be a smash hit and I plan on buying it the day it hits the f*cking shelf!

i think it's great that they are giving the closed beta out to those who pre-order it at tws. really shows that they are confident of the game. like col said on WOFN, there was no way dave g would have done that with t2.

I have to say, I'm way too psyched about T:V than I should be. Also, you'll still have to got to Tribal-Wars to get into the closed beta.

Wellm pre-orders help boost sales in more ways that one. Retailers base their orders on how many preorders they get, so the more we preorder, the more copies that are on the shelves, and the more exposure it gets. They also advertise more of games that are selling than they do the losers. Also, Sierra can afford to devote more resources to a game that looks to be a success based on preorders, making it more reasonable to ship out a polished game than rush it out the door.

Dalmar said:
I've officially felt that burning sensation of excitement that I once had for Tribes2's release (which I rarely have for any other game).

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Don't get *too* hyped up - it's always a dissapointment. Try to convince yourself that its just a game until it comes out, at which point you can forget that nonsense and play it all the time.

Originally Posted by Dalmar
I've officially felt that burning sensation of excitement that I once had for Tribes2's release (which I rarely have for any other game).

Sounds like you need Tums to me! :look:

I had the same thing with tribes 2. I was so hyped I ordered the game the moment it came out, installed it (and after turning the graphics way down to make it playable) had a cold feeling in my gut. I vowed not to be sucked in by hype any longer :) All I can say about tribes 2 is thank goodness for the classic mod!

Rant aside, T:V is looking very very cool, so cool I might actually have to upgrade my system for it.

Personally, my wound from t2 is still healing, so I'm not going to set myself up for an even bigger fall. I'm just as excited about T:V as I am about this sandwitch in front of me. Once I bite into it, then I'll see if it's worth getting excited over.

pyrot3chnic said:
Personally, my wound from t2 is still healing, so I'm not going to set myself up for an even bigger fall. I'm just as excited about T:V as I am about this sandwitch in front of me. Once I bite into it, then I'll see if it's worth getting excited over.

don't be mad because u suck ;)

But my real consern is how will the game handle bandwidth. Not even full 32 but over 20 i hope it won't be laggy as hell, i think this qualifies as bugs almost and this is what they should work on more.

Well, the biggest killer of T2 was the UE's and the false system requirements. Let's face it, if you can't run a game you just bought, you're going to be pissed. I'd wager that at least half of the people that shunned T2 were turned off by their first impression of it running on their system.

With T:V, we have a stable, proven engine, with realistic system requirements. That alone is already a big advantage over T2, regardless of gameplay.

I just really hope T:V pulls the entire series out of the gutter. That is all. I want the community back into the game.

NAT Mav said:
Well, the biggest killer of T2 was the UE's and the false system requirements. Let's face it, if you can't run a game you just bought, you're going to be pissed. I'd wager that at least half of the people that shunned T2 were turned off by their first impression of it running on their system.

With T:V, we have a stable, proven engine, with realistic system requirements. That alone is already a big advantage over T2, regardless of gameplay.
Yeh, I couldn't play for more than 2-3 minutes at a time before the classic patch was released.

Starwind said:
Dalmar you nub. When we going to have another LAN?

I've moved since then, and am in Missouri now, due to financial issues. :(

That LAN you went to is still very active and those people still have "D-Day" every month. I know Viper118 still goes and so does Sofa (considering he lives on that campus). I was surprised as hell when you actually showed up that one time. :bigthumb:

I wish I could go to Tribal-Wars (East), but my vacation time is already been setup for something else this year and plus I don't have the funds to get there nor stay in an expensive-ass hotel.

Dalmar said:
I've moved since then, and am in Missouri now, due to financial issues. :(

That LAN you went to is still very active and those people still have "D-Day" every month. I know Viper118 still goes and so does Sofa (considering he lives on that campus). I was surprised as hell when you actually showed up that one time. :bigthumb:

I wish I could go to Tribal-Wars (East), but my vacation time is already been setup for something else this year and plus I don't have the funds to get there nor stay in an expensive-ass hotel.

Damn Sofa is still in school? He every going to graduate. Shit it was what 3 years ago almost since i saw u guys there last.

Back