If you were a diver, and you had the chance to dive to a wreck with bodies in it...

Would you do it? What do you think?

Would you dive to and swim around in a ship that had corpses in it? Or do you find that to be creepy or disrespectful? In the depths of the great lakes, bodies take a very long time to decompose.

Diving to wrecks with corpses is apparently a common occurance. The bodies are usually not retreived. I don't think I would do this. These wrecks are basically graves.

i'd do it but alone, i think i'm fuckin die of a heart attack if a hot woman's corpse fell on ma nuts and we started to oscillate back and forth then i came on her tits and swam back up and told them i found nothing

Why wouldn't the bodies be retrieved? That doesn't make any sense. If a recreational diver can reach a wreck, the bodies won't be left there.

Why wouldn't the bodies be retrieved? That doesn't make any sense. If a recreational diver can reach a wreck, the bodies won't be left there.

There are a lot of shipwrecks from times long past where the technology didn't exist to remove the bodies and today nobody cares about the bodies enough to remove them.

I'm talking about any wreck that can be reached by a diver. A "recreational diver" can reach any depth given enough training and the right gear.

i'd do it but alone, i think i'm fuckin die of a heart attack if a hot woman's corpse fell on ma nuts and we started to oscillate back and forth then i came on her tits and swam back up and told them i found nothing

Okay, but the question was, would you find it creepy or disrepectful?

I wouldn't. Not because it's "disresprctful", but because I have a really shitty memory except sometime my brain attaches to something I've seen and it just sticks in my head forever. LAst thing I want to see going around a corner is a head floating by with half the flesh eaten off.

^ Seems like a fair call to me. If there's a known 'wreck with bodies', that's easily reachable by the masses, I can't imagine the bodies would be left there.

That said, I'd say I'd dive it. "Hands off" (as you should be on every dive), but yeah, I can't see that fact stopping me from wanting to dive.

MC Hamster: I don't care about your opinion on the matter, I'm telling you that there are PLENTY of wrecks with bodies on them. Maybe not all of them are visited every day, but people still dive there. And that's the point of this thread, would you do it?

You can read through this thread full of divers talking about bodies on ships:

Edmund Fitzgerald - Scuba Diving Board Archive

Last I heard, and its been a few years, a guy told me a story about diving there. He said he was swimming through the engine room and one of the bodies kinda "got caught in his wake" as he put it and more or less followed him around. Said it spooked hell out of him (as I imagine it would). He implied that this was a known phenomenon and that locals called the guy "Grandpa".

Back