if you have a CCW and....

clu

Contributor
Veteran XX
you get in a road rage incident or take someone's parking spot by mistake or do anything that leads to a physical confrontation... if the other person approaches berating you and raising their voice, then pushes you - what would you do?

I have a bad heart. Medically I shouldn't stand a chance in a physical altercation. Hence my life would be in danger

do you fear for your life? can you make that case in court?

shoot the fucker

stand your ground is pretty fucked up. I saw a video from a gas station where two people at adjacent pumps arguing for some reason approach each other with words. one guy tries to throw a punch but gets shot. the CCW guy was not charged

if i'm getting the fuck beat out of me and my head slammed on the concrete, i might pull on him.

or if he pulls on me or grabs a bat/weapon from his car, i would pull on him.

in other words, if i feel like my life might be threatened, i'd pull on him and warn him to stop or i'll shoot.

stand your ground is pretty fucked up. I saw a video from a gas station where two people at adjacent pumps arguing for some reason approach each other with words. one guy tries to throw a punch but gets shot. the CCW guy was not charged

What was said? What were the threats made? Did the shooter believe those threats could actually happen?

Once one goes physical, pretty much all bets are off. You can die from taking a punch to the head... not me.. you.

Need more details. Whats the guy saying, physical attributes, that kind of shit.

If i feel my lifes in danger, I live in a state where i have the right to use deadly force to protect myself.

no way

i would just let someone beat me to death

the gun is just for show

it is made of wood

needs a new coat of linseed oil to polish it imo

Let me pose a question to you: Do you have a CCW because you fantasize about one day getting yourself into a situation where you can legally take another person's life?

cant-flim-flam-the-zim-zam-meme.jpg

Let me pose a question to you: Do you have a CCW because you fantasize about one day getting yourself into a situation where you can legally take another person's life?

microaggression

I carry because I fantasize that one day some fucker is going to try to take my life away

You apologize and walk away ... whether or not you were in the wrong.

This, first and foremost. Defusing the situation is my only option. If the other guy pushes it towards violence he has taken away my option and replaced it with his (to possibly get shot).

We civilians have a much simpler use of force continuum than LE.

Immediately upon being able to communicate with the guy (windows down, exiting car, etc) I'm speaking calmly and apologetically to cool his jets. The moment the asshat starts moving aggressively towards me and yelling threateningly he is assaulting me. The CCW classes taught me I should be putting up a fending hand, backing up to maintain distance, and verbal warning "Stop, I'm armed!" while drawing. If he gets close enough to actually push me before I've shot him, I've fucked up.

I like the idea of warning them but I doubt very seriously I would. If I feel like I have a need to shoot... conversation over

Back