I think I'm a hypochondriac

Kamel

Veteran X
I bought a thermometer this morning because I wasn't feeling well last night and was sweating while sleeping, etc.

I've now taken my temperature at least 20 times today. I can't stop. I search the internet to find out what my 99.7 temperature might mean. It's not even considered a fever but I'm freaking out. I need to get roommates. Living alone gives me too much time on my hands.

Start washing your hands more. Are you SURE they are clean?
When you leave your place, ask yourself several times if you are SURE that you locked it behind you. Just to be absolutely sure.

That ought to help.

the oven is on
the oven is on
the oven is on
the oven is on
the oven is on
the oven is on
the oven is on
the oven is on
the oven is on
the oven is on
the oven is on
the oven is on
the oven is on
the oven is on
the oven is on

i'm not sure but whenever people get on i'm willing to play. nobodys on vent either. maybe tomorrow night just don't die until then

Generally speaking, if you think you are suffering from hypochondria then you are.

Seek medical attention. LOTS OF IT...

i can be hypochondriacal...sucks too, i think it's because i dont have insurance at the moment and it just makes me worry

Strange thing is I NEVER go to the doctor. Must be because I know there is actually nothing wrong with me.

We have this strange notion that 98.6f is "normal" and that all people have that as a default normal operating temperature, when in fact it's quite commmon for one's temperature to be off that by almost a degree in either way.

There's this concept of the "normal default body" that is passed on in medical education, but the reality is that the standard deviation from that normal default body is quite high.

Back