I salute Ho Chi Minh...

orbital 123 said:
Yeah, so what if the Hawaiians asked for their freedom now? You wouldn't give up any land you have now, not because the people there asked you to give it up. It's foolish to say the French should have just given it up, it was unthinkable at that time.

Hawaii is a state. Puerto Rico would have been a better example.

Actually Hawaii is the only that at one time was it's own independent nation.

They were invaded and annex by the US.

Senty said:

Correct before the Texans arrive and correct you.

Senty said:

I understand that, but he is asking what would we do if they asked that now. They would never ask that.

Colosus said:
I understand that, but he is asking what would we do if they asked that now. They would never ask that.

Yeah all you have to do is go back to when a few States previously tried to leave the union to see the response.

THE POINT WAS THAT VIETNAM WAS NOT A STATE OF FRANCE, IT WAS A COLONY. HAWAII IS A STATE SO THE EXAMPLE SUCKS.

Jesus

Yeah cook named them after the earl of sandwich, disease and trade was exchanged, Kamehameha managed to unite the islands under his rule using european weponry.

Colosus said:
THE POINT WAS THAT VIETNAM WAS NOT A STATE OF FRANCE, IT WAS A COLONY. HAWAII IS A STATE SO THE EXAMPLE SUCKS.

Jesus

calm down big C I was agreeing with you

Senty said:
France could have just given them freedom when asked, the US could have listened to his pleas and helped his people gain independence. Would've could've should've, didn't and ended up getting millions killed for the same end result.

you hit the nail on the head.

They wanted OUR HELP, they were begging the US< the USA for help and alliance what did we do... good ole kennedy spit in their face and sent advisors to train south vietnamese villagers to fight against the "COMMUNIST THREAT".

Well it might have not been the communist THREAT! that it was had we HELP THE POOR BASTARDS instead of turning them away and them going to the russians and all the other red nations in the damn world. *breaths* rant off

Actually, the true reason we lost the Vietnam War is because we had no nation rebuilding plan. Now, in Iraq, we do.

We burnt villages to the ground to free them from communism. Of course, had we rebuilt their villages, I'm sure they would have appreciated it a bit more.

Back