I miss the good old days

Pre-TBC was pretty sweet, shame Blizzard's take on upping the ante in PvE and then PvP turned seemed to throw a monkey-wrench into the engine. Maybe Lich King will fix it, or maybe it'll break it more.

Hopefully Lich King fixes it. I mean they kind of have to because a good bit of players enjoy pvp(I know I have/do). Why would they stick around when War Hammer is just around the corner and actually encourages pvp.

Hopefully Lich King fixes it. I mean they kind of have to because a good bit of players enjoy pvp(I know I have/do). Why would they stick around when War Hammer is just around the corner and actually encourages pvp.

Simple, the Bully system. Other games to date have had more even PvP gameplay, but most were scoffed because of a clear lack of content (they did focus on PvP after all) but one of the main jewels of WoW is if you want to take your 70, go into Astranaar or Freewind Post or Hillsbrad or whatever you can. There will be no company people there to tell you it's not cool, and the only ones who could would be players themselves.

In general people like to gank lowbies and pick fights with people who have no hope of winning. It helps their self-esteem and lets them vent after a rough day. Warhammer will probably one of the same even and "fair" PvP gameplay that would make doing such things like ganking/grieving much more difficult. Granted I'm sure it'll do better than Guild Wars, Rage, etc. but no game yet gives you the feel of digital bullying quite like WoW.

Back