I miss my desktop PC, and in this thread I whine about it.

Excel

Contributor
Veteran XV
Its been a month and two RMAs, gigabyte has still not fixed the damn thing. I've tested all the other parts out and they work fine with other motherboards, and worked with this one ok for around 5 months before it started powering on and off without ever getting to the POST screen.

Never buying from these shitfuckers again.

Never had to RMA a Gigabyte board, so no clue on their standards of service, but their boards are usually pretty good.

I'm pretty much stuck shelling out another 200+ bucks for a mainboard (hopefully built by a company that has its shit together), and I'm stuck with this fucker. Even if they offer to pay shipping for a third RMA, Im not waiting another 2-3 weeks.

I miss my Gigabyte motherboard. Condensation built up on it from my cascade..for like the 6th time, and it finally said good bye.

I agree. When it comes time to build a new box, I don't even look at anything other than asus.

I've had the same gigabyte board for 6 years now, havn't had any problems with it, but like everything else I'm use it's hit/miss.

Its been a month and two RMAs, gigabyte has still not fixed the damn thing. I've tested all the other parts out and they work fine with other motherboards, and worked with this one ok for around 5 months before it started powering on and off without ever getting to the POST screen.

Never buying from these shitfuckers again.

Which shit:sex: are you referring to?

Gigabyte here as well. Board has been fine for 4 years now. When I first got it I had to return it but it wasn't Gigabyte's fault... Fry's did a shit job packing and the north bridge heatsink broke off in transit.

I have gone through many Asus boards. I am using one right now, but that isn't the point!

maybe the problem is between the chair and the pc

If only it could get that far. There is no chair, there is only me, a counter, a psu, and the board. The stupid thing wont even fake working long enough to bother screwing it together into a PC.

Board will not fire up, post, and scream "WHARS ME CPU MEMORY AND VIDEO, MATEY" like it should. Adding cpu, ram, video doesnt help either - the board doesnt pass their own troubleshooting instructions. Ive tried two PSU's on it, same result, and both PSUs work with other motherboards just fine.

I have a gigabyte mb I had in my gaming system for about 2 weeks. It had some sort of freaky audio issue that would cause it to randomly screech then lock up. I just set it aside and went back to asus. disabling the on board audio seem to take care of it, so I put it into a different system I rarely use.

Sorry about your troubles, Excel.

I've made quite a few desktops, and a combination of a nice Asus motherboard and an Intel CPU has proved to be the most stable and easy to work with. Just my $0.02.

But I still love my MacBook :)

Last edited:
Yep, should have gone ASUS, will go with them again next time - I'd heard good stuff about GB, thought I'd try them out (the board was feature rich, way cheaper than any ASUS equivalent). The part that pisses me off is that the board ran for long enough that I cant send it back to newegg; the gigabyte RMA is all I've got, and they're jacking me around. Is it that fucking hard to test it before sending it out the door? TWICE?

I want the people that "fixed" and "tested" this board fired, how do I push for that?

Motherboards are like the #1 "DOA" item, from my own experience, as well as my friends. Some people swear by companies that I've had problems with, and vice versa. It just seems to be a high-failure component and depending on your luck you'll get fucked on one eventually.

Back