I cant even install windows 8.1

Chia_Pet

Veteran X
jeezus mother of god, I buy it from microsoft, it downloads, it starts ...then...

i get...

windows cant tell if its ready to install....

WTF IS THAT?

IT JUST STARTED THE SET UP TO GET IT READY TO INSTALL, THEN TELLS ME IT CANT TELL IF ITS READY TO INSTALL AND RESTART THE INSTALL....

mother of fucking god microsoft cant even install itself on itself ROFLMAO

Are you upgrading from 7 or 8? If from 7, why aren't you just doing a fresh install?

I am, I have 7. just bought the DL version of 8 from Microsoft, trying to do a fresh install...its supposed to restart the comp from what i can tell, but convieniently forgets to before going on...

You should really nuke your Windows 7 drive properly

DISKPART> clean

Windows 8 creates a 350 mb partition full of system restore utilities. If you purchased the 8 pro upgrade you can still clean install you just need to tweak a registry value and rearm the authentication.

How to Do a Clean Install of Windows 8 with an Upgrade Disc

Sounds like you bought the 8.1 full version, I'd still do a Diskpart Clean command on your main system drive, be careful it'll remove all partitions on your selected drive.

Clean Install Windows 8.1 » TweakHound

If you haven't made bootable install disc or usb drive then you're not doing it right.

You should really nuke your Windows 7 drive properly

DISKPART> clean

Windows 8 creates a 350 mb partition full of system restore utilities. If you purchased the 8 pro upgrade you can still clean install you just need to tweak a registry value and rearm the authentication.

How to Do a Clean Install of Windows 8 with an Upgrade Disc

Sounds like you bought the 8.1 full version, I'd still do a Diskpart Clean command on your main system drive, be careful it'll remove all partitions on your selected drive.

Clean Install Windows 8.1 » TweakHound

If you haven't made bootable install disc or usb drive then you're not doing it right.

I had 7.

i bought 8.1 so I only have the 8.1 key.

the microsoft tech made a disc(through remote) for a windows 8.1 iso.

i put it in the disk drive, force boot from disc, and all it does is run windows from the disc. NO option to install. I am not computer savvy, i know a little for what i do.

but this issue has cropped up before when i tried to re-install windows 7,a few months ago.

it kept failing and after fighting it, i got it to take, but only after it made a seperate partition for the new install. the old has never gone away, try as i might.

now i cant seem to just get a goddamn clean install with an option to format the fucking drive.

Im half tempted to just rip the old hard drive out and buy a new one. and hope to start from scratch. the problem being of course, if this Windows 8.1 disc i have isnt giving me the option to do a clean install now, will it when I have no choice?

As usual, everything with Microsoft is fucking beyond difficult. try and find a page of my downloads( so i can like, i dunno DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN) and I cant find one.

you guys need to not buy that shit and just pirate it

I bought windows 8, nothing but problems trying to activate.

pirating it worked fine

0 problems

(until i realized all the drivers are shit so i went back to windows 7 via piracy)

you guys need to not buy that shit and just pirate it

I bought windows 8, nothing but problems trying to activate.

pirating it worked fine

0 problems

(until i realized all the drivers are shit so i went back to windows 7 via piracy)

this is easily one of the more retarded things that i have heard someone say today.

there is so much retard in this thread

I'll put 100 dollars on the op trying to use an update disk instead of an install disk

I had 7.

i bought 8.1 so I only have the 8.1 key.

the microsoft tech made a disc(through remote) for a windows 8.1 iso.

i put it in the disk drive, force boot from disc, and all it does is run windows from the disc. NO option to install. I am not computer savvy, i know a little for what i do.

but this issue has cropped up before when i tried to re-install windows 7,a few months ago.

it kept failing and after fighting it, i got it to take, but only after it made a seperate partition for the new install. the old has never gone away, try as i might.

now i cant seem to just get a goddamn clean install with an option to format the fucking drive.

Im half tempted to just rip the old hard drive out and buy a new one. and hope to start from scratch. the problem being of course, if this Windows 8.1 disc i have isnt giving me the option to do a clean install now, will it when I have no choice?

As usual, everything with Microsoft is fucking beyond difficult. try and find a page of my downloads( so i can like, i dunno DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN) and I cant find one.

sounds like your computer sucks

why did you even feel the need to upgrade

there is so much retard in this thread

I'll put 100 dollars on the op trying to use an update disk instead of an install disk

Either way it should work, I clean installed from an upgrade disc just fine. I'm not sure what he has, running windows OS off of the dvd drive? Only version I know that can do that is Windows PE edition used for booting windows to run disk imaging programs.

They don't have upgrades for Windows 8.1, you can only get full install version for some ridiculous expensive price of $110 or something. You can get Windows 8 pro upgrade for $30 to $40 all day long, if not less. I got in on that $14 deal that was posted on here.

Last edited:
Back